Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

The Christmas scheduling really screwed us for the Palace game didn't it. At full strength, we would've absolutely gubbed these.

We still should have comfortably won, Iheanacho missed 2 sitters and Perez should have won it for us at the end, but as we saw last night too he is absolutely horrible under pressure. Has he actually scored a meaningful goal for us yet? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We still should have comfortably won, Iheanacho missed 2 sitters and Perez should have won it for us at the end, but as we saw last night too he is absolutely horrible under pressure. Has he actually scored a meaningful goal for us yet? 

Both games at Sheff Utd (end of last season and earlier this season). 

Newcastle away aswell last season?

Just now, StanSP said:

Both games at Sheff Utd (end of last season and earlier this season). 

Newcastle away aswell last season?

Sheffield Utd away this season is the only goal where had he not scored the result would have still been the same. That's insane! Poor for £30m and he needs to do better and impact on matches.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Back down to 3rd. And if Villa win their 73 games in hand we'll be down to 4th.

Villa actually have to win all 3 catch up games now to level points. So not too much to worry.

However, if we lost to both Chelsea and Everton next 2 games we could easily find ourselves down in 7th. It might be looking good right now but it's so tight that it can go either way. On the contrary, if we win the next game or two and results go our way, we are top.

Just glad we are in the mix in three competitions. A spot in Europe with two good cup runs would be incredible. I expected us to finish around 8th to 10th before the season started. Must say we have done better than I expected...so far. Very open league which is there for the taking. Those chances don't come around every year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Villa actually have to win all 3 catch up games now to level points. So not too much to worry.

However, if we lost to both Chelsea and Everton next 2 games we could easily find ourselves down in 7th. It might be looking good right now but it's so tight that it can go either way. On the contrary, if we win the next game or two and results go our way, we are top.

Just glad we are in the mix in three competitions. A spot in Europe with two good cup runs would be incredible. I expected us to finish around 8th to 10th before the season started. Must say we have done better than I expected...so far. Very open league which is there for the taking. Those chances don't come around every year.

Yeah it really is so finely poised, I hope we can come out favourably in this but as long as we keep plowing on and picking up decent results then I'll be happy. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Sheffield Utd away this season is the only goal where had he not scored the result would have still been the same. That's insane! Poor for £30m and he needs to do better and impact on matches.

He's still got time but Perez is a bust for me. If we're playing well and he's on he'll make a valuable contribution generally, but in most other circumstances I see him as simply too much of a passenger. He doesn't add enough value on a game by game basis.

He may yet prove me wrong, but I'm not quick to say that about a player.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

He's still got time but Perez is a bust for me. If we're playing well and he's on he'll make a valuable contribution generally, but in most other circumstances I see him as simply too much of a passenger. He doesn't add enough value on a game by game basis.

He may yet prove me wrong, but I'm not quick to say that about a player.

There's a good player in there but he needs to start making an impact because that's the role he now has here, he is an impact player and not a guaranteed starter. For all his faults Demarai Gray actually adjusted to a similar role last season and chipped in with a few goals and important assists that won us points. We need players who can do that as we go through the demands of a season.

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

The Christmas scheduling really screwed us for the Palace game didn't it. At full strength, we would've absolutely gubbed these.

There is a risk that the same thing could happen again as we've been screwed over again at the turn of the month, when we have to play Fulham only two days after playing Leeds. We'll no doubt have to play the reserves again in that one, which will make it a much trickier game. Seems very unfair that they haven't put it back a day to give us 3 days, no reason why they couldn't.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a good player in there but he needs to start making an impact because that's the role he now has here, he is an impact player and not a guaranteed starter. For all his faults Demarai Gray actually adjusted to a similar role last season and chipped in with a few goals and important assists that won us points. We need players who can do that as we go through the demands of a season.

For how long now have people been using that mythical phrase 'there's a good player in there'. He had so many games last season compared with certain others and albeit with limited starts this term, still isn't really up to much. Though there's the odd flash by way of a decent touch when played down the middle even then, it gets highly exaggerated by some in order that they can cling onto the belief that he may come good whilst selectively ignoring his huge ineffectiveness for the rest of the game. He wasn't an up and coming young lad brought in with the hope of future development, he was a 4 season Premiership pro who, in a better team than from whence he came, was expected to be an experienced finished article ready to slot in and add something. He's not though. Unfortunately, we bought him on the strength of one half decent second half of a season because he was poor before that in his previous 3. Needs to go in the summer along with Iheanacho to raise the money towards replacements. 

24 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Regards Perez ( Did a great job last night incidentally) what is his actual position......and is it fair to judge him when he rarely plays in the same position as his previous match...

Very much a central strike from what I've seen at other clubs. I think he was bought for his versatility.

39 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

There is a risk that the same thing could happen again as we've been screwed over again at the turn of the month, when we have to play Fulham only two days after playing Leeds. We'll no doubt have to play the reserves again in that one, which will make it a much trickier game. Seems very unfair that they haven't put it back a day to give us 3 days, no reason why they couldn't.

It probably will still be moved. Feb fixtures still have to be arranged for TV I think. 

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Leicester are only four points off where they were after 18 games of last season - third instead of second, two points off top instead of 10 behind - AND we've had the big injury crisis and UEL distractions.

That's actually pretty impressive, especially considering we looked mentally shot by July.

We're doing alright you know :scarf:

Yeah but if we'd only won every game like we should have we'd be top of the league right now.

• Haha 1