Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

If we improve our home form we'll be more than in the mix, we'll be out in front. We're already in the mix with shit home form.

And we've got one point fewer at home than the current leaders.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Still can't see past Man City or Liverpool tbh. Massive squads, great managers. Set crazy levels in recent years. Man City can grind out results and put together a huge string of wins too. 

I agree with most of that except the squads. Liverpool have a tiny squad without much quality outside a core group of maybe 15 players. We have a deeper squad than they do. That being said their quality and Man City’s quality and squad depth undoubtably make them the ones to beat.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I agree with most of that except the squads. Liverpool have a tiny squad without much quality outside a core group of maybe 15 players. We have a deeper squad than they do. That being said their quality and Man City’s quality and squad depth undoubtably make them the ones to beat.

So last season Liverpool are the best team in the world and we collapsed because we had no strength in depth. This season we have a deeper squad than them!? 

I'm not so sure. Obviously our squad feels deeper this year due to Castagne, Under and Fofana + players like Justin improving. 

I think Praet injury is the real worry for me. How do we rotate Maddison and Tielemans now? 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

So last season Liverpool are the best team in the world and we collapsed because we had no strength in depth. This season we have a deeper squad than them!? 

I'm not so sure. Obviously our squad feels deeper this year due to Castagne, Under and Fofana + players like Justin improving. 

I think Praet injury is the real worry for me. How do we rotate Maddison and Tielemans now? 

Yes. Two things I’ll point out. Our squad depth is deeper this year than last. Liverpool’s first XI is better in most positions that us. They are a great team but that’s not down to depth but having a lot of quality. 

In their last game for example they had to play to midfielders in defence and Shaqiri in attack.

Love our business model compared to the other 'big' clubs, there's something so satisfying about selling off players for huge sums and bringing in better ones for a fraction of the price. You could say it's a gamble but as we've seen for Chelsea, big spending doesn't always pay off immediately. It's astonishing to think Justin cost us 6-8m  And based on current form and the fact he's establishing himself in the PL, he's got to be worth 50M+ ? What's Barnes worth now, also has to be over 50M.

Another thing I love is you don't get the big ego vibe from any of our players. Radio Leicester say that we are good at getting 'silver medalists' IE players that have something to prove, and that's basically us summed up. Fofana maybe slightly bigger ego than were used to be he's bearly 20 and playing at a 2nd place PL team so you kind of get that, hopefully he is helped to remain humble by the experience in the team. 

Having said all that, there's not a single starting 11 player I'd want to cash in on. Chillwell was good but many of us weren't overly upset he had gone, personally I was kind of hoping he'd go if the fee was right, but I'd be more than gutted to lose a Justin, Barnes, fofana etc. The future is looking bright and now we're getting some depth in the team, even more so.

• Like 1

Interesting from Steve Bruce tonight lol 

“gloves are off”

“Sick of the criticism”

“here you pricks, have 5 attacking players and no midfield” 

lol almost feel like he wants them to get hammered to shut the fans up. 

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Bruce somehow manages to pick attacking players but still be negative. Not many teams go to Arsenal with 2 strikers and 2 attacking wingers. I use the term attacking wingers loosely though lol

Yep. Almiron is an RWB when they are out of position. Makes you think he might as well have picked Murphy

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

How do you compete against teams like them and Man U over a sustained period of time. They both had issues, and they both go out and pump and £60m on a player to solves a big problem. Despite already spending £100's of millions to solve the same problem.They just keep buying until they get it right.

over a sustained period of time...!!!

This is the Major Point of difference, many fans around the country, just cant understand...Thats Why These high grade Blame issues from " The others" fans

Like ours Show they cant Face or accept some Football  home truths...

Ist taken is at least 4 years to find a Vardy replacement & the Search is still on..both Manchesters,L'pool can must throw Money on the table...

Mind you Leicester have found some gem & managers who have tried to get them ticking...

Top Post by the way...!!!