Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

This is how I feel about Bruno Fernandes. He gives the ball away a lot. His passing is ****ing awful for a supposed "world class" player (which he isn't btw). Against us he got the jammiest assist ever, stuck his leg out and that was that. He then gave the ball away near his own box and Barnes scored because of his mistake. 

I don't have an opinion on Bruno Fernandes but who's that girl? 

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Yeah but if we'd only won every game like we should have we'd be top of the league right now.

Take a Good look at yourself...!!

Should as no place in any theme in Topic football....

Thankfully...

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Everton fans fuming over Roy Keane lol lol lol (I know we would too but funny to happen to another team, especially with how touchy they get). 

Having said that, I've got a feeling they'll beat us next week, we still finish above them but one of their highlights of the season will be next week. 

I really don't get their rivalry they've created against us. Is it borne out of jealousy? Something they've tried to do for 25+ years we've managed to do in the space of 5 years? Jealous we won the title before them? Jealous that we're in a position they want to be in and now they feel there's another side to try and overcome aside from the bigger clubs (not Arsenal)? 

Tbf our games with Everton are usually good high scoring games.

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I seem to remember someone earlier in the season confidently stating that Manchester City were both in decline and in transition simultaneously. 

Got a nasty feeling that both possibilities will be proven wrong, sadly. 

How do you compete against teams like them and Man U over a sustained period of time. They both had issues, and they both go out and pump and £60m on a player to solves a big problem. Despite already spending £100's of millions to solve the same problem.They just keep buying until they get it right.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Everton fans rattled lol

Saw this last night, I expected an outright no to all, I didn't expect a yes to lcfc because they're excellent and an utter dismissal of spurs and everton.

That said, I liked it :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I seem to remember someone earlier in the season confidently stating that Manchester City were both in decline and in transition simultaneously. 

Got a nasty feeling that both possibilities will be proven wrong, sadly. 

Man City are certainly the favourites for the league.

Danny Drinkwater has again left Chelsea on loan. This time to a Turkish Super Lig club called Kasimpasa, who are 15th in their league. 

Better still, Chelsea are still having to pay for most of his £100,000 a week salary, and Kasimpasa were the only club to approach after Danny asked a production company to make a showreel of his finest work. 😂

Well that went well didn't it? 👋🏼

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

This is how I feel about Bruno Fernandes. He gives the ball away a lot. His passing is ****ing awful for a supposed "world class" player (which he isn't btw). Against us he got the jammiest assist ever, stuck his leg out and that was that. He then gave the ball away near his own box and Barnes scored because of his mistake. 

I wouldn't mind if he gets worse - my friend has him in his FPL team, so... :P 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

It always makes me laugh how pretty much every game the commentators say Bruno Fernandez isn’t up to his usual standards but nobody ever questions whether he’s actually as good as is made out. Personally think his arrival just highlighted that Man Utd have a decent side but needed someone to knit it together a bit, Fernandes has had that impact but so could others

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Man City are certainly the favourites for the league.

Every team seems to be struggling for consistency atm. - but Man City and Liverpool have to be the main two that are expected to find some, and win the league if they find it soon enough.  Of course if they don't, then things could get stay really interesting for teams like us :D 

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

5live sports news this morning opening line : It's looking like a 3 horse race for the title...............

Man City are just about evens and Liverpool are about 4/1. Man Utd lagging behind at roughly 7/1.

Spurs are down at 25/1 and we're back at 40/1.

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Man City are just about evens and Liverpool are about 4/1. Man Utd lagging behind at roughly 7/1.

Bookies are still horrible with their odds.

We halfway through a season and its a given west brom wont win the title yet their odds are lower than we had at the "start" of our title season.

If I ever bet on football its always a small bet for fun, usually once every 6 months or so, as the value for money is horrific compared to other forms of gambling.

The most popular bets info is interesting, I remember many claiming our title win was good for the bookies, I argued it wasnt based on the fact since then odds have tightened up on outsiders (to discourage it), and also this is an indicator that people dont just flock to vote on the favourite.  e.g. more bets on spurs at 25/1 compared to man city at 5/6, guess which one is going to cost more?

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Bet365 have us at 33/1. That's moved from 28/1 since yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We halfway through a season and its a given west brom wont win the title yet their odds are lower than we had at the "start" of our title season.

If I ever bet on football its always a small bet for fun, usually once every 6 months or so, as the value for money is horrific compared to other forms of gambling.

The most popular bets info is interesting, I remember many claiming our title win was good for the bookies, I argued it wasnt based on the fact since then odds have tightened up on outsiders (to discourage it), and also this is an indicator that people dont just flock to vote on the favourite.  e.g. more bets on spurs at 25/1 compared to man city at 5/6, guess which one is going to cost more?

Very true on the point in bold. If West Brom win every game this season they get 71pts which wouldn't have been enough to win any premier league season previously.

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

This is a compliment to us, not shade. 
  The bookies will never go as high as that again after what we did. No matter how impossible something looks. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Bet365 have us at 33/1. That's moved from 28/1 since yesterday.

Fair enough, I did a quick google and posted the first results I saw on oddschecker. Still classed as an outside bet by the bookmakers.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Fair enough, I did a quick google and posted the first results I saw on oddschecker. Still classed as an outside bet by the bookmakers.

Oddschecker find the best odds, so you'll always see the longest odds on there.

• Like 1