Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This surely moves to the Wednesday if we're playing on the Sunday against Brighton?

Yeah I would imagine so, there are only 2 games being shown on the Wednesday so probably better for them to improve possible viewership anyway

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah confirmed no away fans, blanket.

30% home I believe but countries can pull it.

Watching Union Berlin v Mainz in the Bundesliga & there are loads of fans there, no social distancing & it feels like a proper game. If the Germans can do it, why can't we?

7 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

Where in Spain are you we are in Murcia about a straight 7 hours Drive from there 

in elche mate. Going to see if i can drive or catch a bus or train to lisbon and then just go from there

Luton was showing flights on the day, early flight 7am, return on Friday. £51pp.

Saw one of the hotels in Athens (not sure how far from their stadium), for £29 called the Golden City hotel, and actually looked half decent...

Does our Uefa coefficient get determined by how many games we’ve won in Europe or is it just about progression to a certain stage or even just qualifying for European competition regardless of how far you go?

If the number of points you win in European competition has any impact then hopefully the group we have is winnable and can help us boost it for future years.

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Jumped up to £51 now but it’s stansted

Ah right yeah that’s the one I’ve been looking at. Late arriving in Athens is the only thing that puts me off.

That and my decision making process is slightly inhibited by 10% bevs.

Edited by Costock_Fox

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

**** sake, sat here trying to figure out to cheapest way to get to and from Athens

Just checked on Skyscanner and it seems London is the best option if you want to fly out on the Wednesday and come back on the Friday.

18 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

lol No, it doesn't matter. I wish any Leicester team well too, but I'm not that arsed about any sport other than football.

Just struck me as odd that a Leicester City fan would think of the Tigers first when hearing the word 'Leicester.' Especially these days, when we're flying and the Tigers are really struggling (last time I looked).That's all.

I was brought up on the Tigers Turf ,Ethos & surroundings..but always had equal affinitey to the the cricket foxes & Football foxes,Plus the Coritanians

I Never played that game of what & who is better....all 4 needed different high  Skill sets...

Then when I was a young sportsman and fan there was always a Top Class Boxing & speedway. fraternity

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 02/10/2020 at 20:11, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anyone going Athens then? In two minds myself, can see it being taken off the quarantine free list within the next couple of weeks.

We are thinking the same, and waiting until 3 or 4 days before the match before booking.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Got this booked but if it goes on the quarantine list I’ll need to bin it off. The good news is you can put the money towards any other Ryanair flight.

The bad news is its a Ryanair flight. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

The bad news is its a Ryanair flight. 

Ha yeah.

Also, what I didn’t realise is they are randomly doing Covid tests upon arrival, not really fancying staying over there in a room for 2 weeks.

Edited by Costock_Fox