Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

Would just be our luck if PSG and Real Madrid drop into the Europa League, although I think Real will go through ok but whoever drops from that group would be a tough game. I'd be surprised if PSG don't do enough to get through too, Leipzig and one of Ajax/Atalanta will drop. Other than that though I reckon we'd have a decent chance against the rest. 

Roofe just put Rangers up 2-0 v Benfica.  Totally in command of their group.

Meanwhile Celtic get drilled by Sparta ****ing Prague and still have AC Milan and Lille to play ... they're nailed on to finish last in theirs.

The trap door must be opening for Lennon?

Edited by KingsX

With the Champions League now 4 games complete we are starting to get a good idea of who might drop down into the Europa League, and I’m not convinced there is a lot to worry about. A couple of big names, but no one who I really wouldn’t like to play against.

It could be 

Group A Lokomotiv Moscow

Group B Donetsk/Inter

Group C Olympiacos 

Group D Atalanta/Ajax

Group E Rennes/Krasnodar 

Group F club Brugge 

Group G Dynamo Kiev /Ferencvaros

Group H Man Utd/PSG or Leipzig 

Atalanta or Ajax, Inter and third in Group H are the only teams who could be dropping in that would worry us over two legs.

26 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With the Champions League now 4 games complete we are starting to get a good idea of who might drop down into the Europa League, and I’m not convinced there is a lot to worry about. A couple of big names, but no one who I really wouldn’t like to play against.

It could be 

Group A Lokomotiv Moscow

Group B Donetsk/Inter

Group C Olympiacos 

Group D Atalanta/Ajax

Group E Rennes/Krasnodar 

Group F club Brugge 

Group G Dynamo Kiev /Ferencvaros

Group H Man Utd/PSG or Leipzig 

Atalanta or Ajax, Inter and third in Group H are the only teams who could be dropping in that would worry us over two legs.

Wouldn't want anyone in bold either. 

We say weekly that Man Utd are nothing but last time we beat them was that game in 2014. Far too long and I'm not so keen on us doing them over in 2 legs in this competition (after round of 32 anyway as I don't think teams from same nation can play each other just yet). 

Don't forget though - if we finish top of our group, we are in the seeded half. Meaning we avoid the 4 best 3rd placed dropouts in round of 32. So we may end up avoiding the teams in bold anyway. 

• Like 4

On 26/11/2020 at 22:34, KingsX said:

Roofe just put Rangers up 2-0 v Benfica.  Totally in command of their group.

Meanwhile Celtic get drilled by Sparta ****ing Prague and still have AC Milan and Lille to play ... they're nailed on to finish last in theirs.

The trap door must be opening for Lennon?

You are correct about Lenny. Getting knocked out of European Football at the first hurdle twice in the same season takes some doing.  

30 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Would love to know whats happened with his injury as it seemed he was ready to return. Unless there’s more underlying issues and his time out is longer than first thought.

There was a scan done early this week nothing pop up

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Looks like Real Madrid want to come and crash the party. 
If results go badly for us we could have Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, PSG, and Liverpool all come and join the Europa League party.

Worth mentioning how the seeding of those 3rd place teams goes. They split into two dependent on their performance in the CL. 

For example Group E and G are 1 point after four games - max possibility of 7. Salzburg and Olympiakos currently have 4 and 3 with a game to go. So it’s thankfully likely Real and PSG will be seeded if they drop. Hence if we finish top we avoid in round of 32 

There's an interesting article saying that Leicester fans are licking their lips at the thought of playing Real Madrid in the round of 32.

Now I don't know about anybody else but I really don't want to see Benzema up against Evans nor do I want to see Ramos constantly diving in our box.

4 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

There's an interesting article saying that Leicester fans are licking their lips at the thought of playing Real Madrid in the round of 32.

Now I don't know about anybody else but I really don't want to see Benzema up against Evans nor do I want to see Ramos constantly diving in our box.

They'll be one of the best 3rd placed teams so as long as we finish top of the group, we definitely won't be facing them as early as the first knockout round if they do drop. 

• Like 1