Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Can we draw another English club in the next round? 

Next round (round of 32) works on seedings and you can't draw a team of the same nation

The round after that (round of 16) there are no seedings or country rules so you can draw anyone

• Thanks 1

I have always wanted to see us take on one of the real European giants in a proper competitive tie. E.g. Real Madrid, Barca, Juve, Bayern, etc.

There is a chance that any one of Real, Inter or Ajax could drop into the EL knockout rounds, with AC Milan already in the competition.

Bring it on, although I appreciate that it will not be quite the same if fans are not allowed in the grounds.

So currently in third place in their Champions League groups at the half way stage are:

Locomotive Moscow

Real Madrid

Atalanta

Olympiacos

Krasnodar 

Bruge

Dynamo Kiev

PSG

All may change but could be some huge teams joining us in the next round.

Only 4 teams have made it to the half way stage of the Europa League with a 100% record: Arsenal, Villarreal, Hoffenhiem and some team from the middle of England playing some sexy football.

On 05/11/2020 at 23:43, KingsX said:

PSG sitting third in their CL group, with a 47% chance of dropping down, are fivethirtyeight's current favorite to win the Europa.

606020958_ELpredic11-5-20.thumb.JPG.f7548d5d3eec8192b0939aed04094f3c.JPG

Real Sociedad seems a bit left field in that table. Wonder why they're rated as more probable winners than a recent finalist.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Random shout I know but I really like Danny Simpson and Steve Sidwell as pundits and I generally can't stand pundits.

Simmo is a bit wooden, Sidwell is very good though.

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Simmo is a bit wooden, Sidwell is very good though.

Comes with experience though, witness whenever Ashley Cole is there to cover Chelsea/Arsenal games. They'll get better with more appearances... just like when they played the game itself  :)

Nice to have someone on our side apart from the boy Loineker and Manish as well

On 05/11/2020 at 22:43, KingsX said:

PSG sitting third in their CL group, with a 47% chance of dropping down, are fivethirtyeight's current favorite to win the Europa.

606020958_ELpredic11-5-20.thumb.JPG.f7548d5d3eec8192b0939aed04094f3c.JPG

Yeah this is the problem, I'm watching the champions league hoping all the big names go out when we should be hoping they win so they dont drop into the europa league.