Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

8 minutes ago, Genesis1 said:

There's an interesting article saying that Leicester fans are licking their lips at the thought of playing Real Madrid in the round of 32.

Now I don't know about anybody else but I really don't want to see Benzema up against Evans nor do I want to see Ramos constantly diving in our box.

Nope, I'm with you on that. If we progress, yes, you have to play great teams but let's leave it for later in the competition. Preferably when we've got more of our players back from injury and we're back on form. 

After last night... 

Group A - 3rd place likely to be Salzburg or Atletico. Bayern play Lokomotiv next so won't be them. Salzburg will end on 4pts, Atletico will end on 6pts if either finish 3rd.

Group B - fvck it could be anyone finishing 3rd lol

Group C - likely to be Olympiacos (currently 3rd) as they host Porto. Marseille away at Man City 

Group D - will be Ajax or Atalanta. Atalanta 2nd on 8 pts. Ajax currently 3rd on 7pts. Ajax have to win to avoid dropping out. 

I'm still confident Real Madrid will find a way to win their final game and go through. Would be harsh on Monchengladbach if they don't go through. 

It's a mad group, Shaktar could beat Real Madrid twice and not go through, gladbach won 6-0 away in the Ukraine. Wouldn't fancy playing any of them to be honest in the Europa.

On 28/11/2020 at 09:48, Aus Fox said:

Teams certain to be in the Europa League last 32.

1. Arsenal 

2. Hoffenheim

3. Leicester City

4. AS Roma

5. FC Krasnodar (CL)

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

At what point does it become possible to play spurs or arsenal?,

It's a grotesque thought that we could go out to one of them in either the last 32 or last 16

Round of 16.

Can't play a side from the same EL group or same country in Round of 32.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

How do people feel about Man U dropping into the EL? Our record against them is terrible but it would be sweet revenge if it happened and we actually then knocked them out of the EL!

Happy for them to come in and be knocked out by someone else in the next round. Would rather they dropped in than PSG.

Just looked through the tables and wow it’s so important to win this group. Massive difference in class of the teams. Genuinely looks like the best 16 teams will be in that top pot. With possibly the exception of spurs (who we can’t play anyway) 

fluffing this from here would be criminal. 

as much as I was hoping to see some kids, it’s just too risky until the jobs done.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Just looked through the tables and wow it’s so important to win this group. Massive difference in class of the teams. Genuinely looks like the best 16 teams will be in that top pot. With possibly the exception of spurs (who we can’t play anyway) 

fluffing this from here would be criminal. 

as much as I was hoping to see some kids, it’s just too risky until the jobs done.

Yeah usually it doesnt make a difference but being seeded this year seems to make a difference.

For example, this looks like then posible seeded / unseeded teams from the champions league.

Poss seeds

Group B: Poss Real Madrid or Inter

Group D:  Atalanta or Ajax

Group F: Lazio or Club Brugge

Group H: Probably RB Liezpig or Man U

Poss unseeded teams

Prob Salzburg, poss Atletico Madrid

Olympiakos or Marseille

Krasnodar

Dynamo Kiev or Ferencvaros

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can't wait to be knocked out by a Bruno Fernandes penalty in the Quarter final. 

The worst thing about that would be their luke warm attitude to the Europa League if they dropped into it whereas winning it would mean the world to us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

How does it work in terms of who we're going to get for finishing top versus finishing second?

I assume top avoids Champions League drop outs?

If we finish top, we avoid the 4 best 3rd placed finishers in CL. If we finish 2nd, we could play them. 

So top doesn't automatically avoid all CL dropouts. We could face anyone in Europa league aside from Braga and any other English team. 

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If we finish top, we avoid the 4 best 3rd placed finishers in CL. If we finish 2nd, we could play them. 

So top doesn't automatically avoid all CL dropouts. We could face anyone in Europa league aside from Braga and any other English team. 

So 1st can play 1st?

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

At some point, I would like to play European royalty -;even if they might not be what they once were. Which this season may offer;

AC Milan. Ajax. Real Madrid. Napoli. Lazio. Inter Milan. 

I've always said that too. 

During our CL run I was a bit disappointed we never got a massive European tie  but whither fans not allowed in anyway, what does it matter? 

Give us an easy tun to the trophy. 

41 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I've always said that too. 

During our CL run I was a bit disappointed we never got a massive European tie  but whither fans not allowed in anyway, what does it matter? 

Give us an easy tun to the trophy. 

Atlético Madrid not massive?! 

46 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

At some point, I would like to play European royalty -;even if they might not be what they once were. Which this season may offer;

AC Milan. Ajax. Real Madrid. Napoli. Lazio. Inter Milan. 

It would be great but apart from AC Milan and possibly Ajax, we would probably/almost definitely get beaten by the rest. 

This is a trophy I'd like to win and if playing 'lesser' sides aides that, I'd rather that than any other team. It doesn't make winning the trophy, should it happen, any less glamorous or valued. 

• Like 2