UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

15 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They seem to play an alternating front three quite a lot and quite compact, whereas he seems to fit better in a lone striker type role where he can use his strength and speed to take on defenders. It's frustrating as I really think he has a lot of the qualities that Vardy has, and he was so promising when he arrived that I hoped we might be able to develop him up as an understudy. 

I haven't watched all of this video as I am finishing off work, but this is a reminder of how we used him before (persevere with the quality of editing!): 

....yeah, as a lone striker he is much better as the team can play off him!!!

At the moment it looks like we are trying to get him to link with the way the team plays, as opposed to him leading and the team plays around him.

He is a good player and continuing to play the way we are asking him to play is not helping.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Muzzy_Larsson ever heard of him? Wonder if Dembele joins in the summer too?

Heard of him @Ric Flair but can't claim to have any knowledge of him beyond that, must be half decent though. Add in Dembele who I think will end up at Leicester in the summer then that's four promising youngsters we've lost in the space of a year. The other two went to Bayern Munich.

Can't say I blame them however, everything has gone to shit under Lennon not just on the park but behind the scenes also, which is what pretty much every Celtic fan predicted when he was appointed. Rant over.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Heard of him @Ric Flair but can't claim to have any knowledge of him beyond that, must be half decent though. Add in Dembele who I think will end up at Leicester in the summer then that's four promising youngsters we've lost in the space of a year. The other two went to Bayern Munich.

Can't say I blame them however, everything has gone to shit under Lennon not just on the park but behind the scenes also, which is what pretty much every Celtic fan predicted when he was appointed. Rant over.

Dembele as in the wonderkind dembele?

Slightly off topic, but was has happening to Celtic? What's kicking off on and off the pitch? 

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Dembele as in the wonderkind dembele?

Slightly off topic, but was has happening to Celtic? What's kicking off on and off the pitch? 

Yeah he's stalled a bit the last couple of years in all honesty, still a fair deal of potential to work with there though and he's only just about to turn 18.

Aah no offence mate but don't know where to start nor do I have the energy, an absolute shambles on and off the park.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

@Ric Flair Sidnei starting a PL2 match

Subs: Doherty, Godsmark-Ford, Braybrooke, McAteer, Reghba.

We were told he refused to play. We were told he was on his way. We were told his agent was a nob. Now he plays in tin pot trophies and plays in tinpot leagues. He's the new midfield maestro. Woo oooh. I admit this doesn't scan and needs some work.

• Like 1
Just now, Mark said:

Tavares playing right wing, thought he was more central?

Yup looks like he’s playing right wing. Not necessarily a bad thing as versatility is one of his strengths. He’s played as a DM, CM, CAM & now RW!