Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

I thought Reghba was on his game today, Hume started well but faded and Mitch Clark did really well, not sure he'll make our first team but he should be playing men's football now. 

Sorry, but I really don't get the Tavares hype yet.

I think it’s hard for Tavares to really show himself when he doesn’t fit the managers style of play, they literally skipped out the midfield for the majority of that game. The only time we showed any quality was when he was able to get on the ball

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought Reghba was on his game today, Hume started well but faded and Mitch Clark did really well, not sure he'll make our first team but he should be playing men's football now. 

Didn’t Clark comeback from port vale with an injury? First game back tonight I think? 

38 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

I think it’s hard for Tavares to really show himself when he doesn’t fit the managers style of play, they literally skipped out the midfield for the majority of that game. The only time we showed any quality was when he was able to get on the ball

I think this is why he’s looked to move away tbh. Imagine having passing ability and a bit of finesse about you, but you’re asked to kick shit out of people and head it all game.

They’ll say the u23s mirror the firsts but after seeing some of those clips, who’s believing that??

• Like 3

Seem to say this every time I watch him, but with Tavares you can just tell. Aesthetically brilliant. 

Very impressed with Clark too. Always seems to give you a 7 or 8/10 whether that be anywhere across the back line or in the middle of the park. Will make a great pro in the Championship at least I'm sure.

As for Beaglehole and the style of football... We aren’t going to the next level as an academy with him in charge of the most important team. Bin.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Sums up the farcical state of how our academy is ran when you see the archaic style of football being taught to the U23's when we have the best facilities in Europe and one of the most progressive first team managers.

Baffling 

We've literally just moved in to the new training ground. I wouldn't expect to see change so quickly.

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Mitch Clark wasn’t getting in the Port Vale side towards the end of his loan there . So  I doubt if he’ll see much back here 

Edit : mentioned above 

Edited by surrifox

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What a vulgar style of football, yet we created a number of very good openings but had absolutely no desire to get the ball down and play. Tavares is very classy on the ball but I do worry if he has the determination and engine to excel. Yes I said it. On the ball though he's silk kegs.

Both Pennant and Arlott-John have a lot of excitement, Pennant looked the only player really capable of making that telling pass in the final 3rd in that last 20 mins and hopefully he gets more chances. Absolute waste to be playing U18's when he's 18 and more than capable of making the step up.

Wakeling had a frustrating night, is that his first game he hasn't scored for us for a while? Looking forward to seeing him progress though and pleasing to see Regbha finally get a goal, he played well.

Agree. The style of football didn't help. Yet Hamza excelled in the role Taveras played last night and Taveras didn't look at that level.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Leshebela and Vontae-Campbell seem like they might have a chance at first team level. Thoughts @Ric Flair?

Leshabela is probably the most ready, his style of play would give us that box to box player we might need. Vontae-Campbell is crap, not having him one bit.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

What about that chap on loan to wycombe?

Muskwe? Knight? 

Knight has always done well, Muskwe was very poor at Swindon last season at a lower level but for Wycombe is going along nicely. Are they good enough for the PL? Highly doubtful.