Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

If you've never tried a 'slice/pyramid' of milk choc toblerone between 2 (like a sandwich) of the saltier ritz crackers from the box is really missing out. Its not quite life changing, but I'd support anyone who claimed its evening changing.

I've never tried it, but I can believe it's a good combo. I remember as a kid, a mate recommending eating ready salted crisps and a Kitkat at the same time. It was maverick behaviour, but he was onto something. Then, years later, apparently completely unrelated (yeah, right!), you can't move for chocolate with sea salt, sea salted caramel ice cream, sweet and salty popcorn, etc., etc.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Excise my ignorance and possible stupid question but are the u23's instructed to play in a similar style to that of the first team? Or is it treated separately? 

Don't really follow our development teams but decided to give this one a go

Some train with the first team. I think they're instructed to play in a similar style.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I've never tried it, but I can believe it's a good combo. I remember as a kid, a mate recommending eating ready salted crisps and a Kitkat at the same time. It was maverick behaviour, but he was onto something. Then, years later, apparently completely unrelated (yeah, right!), you can't move for chocolate with sea salt, sea salted caramel ice cream, sweet and salty popcorn, etc., etc.

Can we go a step further and add in a bit of philapelphia cream cheese, for what is essentially a macgyvered bite-size cheesecake?

Hold that thought.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Can we go a step further and add in a bit of philapelphia cream cheese, for what is essentially a macgyvered bite-size cheesecake?

Hold that thought.

Wow. Now, we're talking. Have you tried substituting the Ritz cracker for a digestive biscuit? I'm half tempted to try this recipe. Do you know if you can get a big Toblerone at a big Tesco?

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

Wow. Now, we're talking. Have you tried substituting the Ritz cracker for a digestive biscuit? I'm half tempted to try this recipe. Do you know if you can get a big Toblerone at a big Tesco?

There's a few things to address here:

1) I'm currently using what I'd describe as a large toblerone (ie you know you shouldn't eat it all in one night - but do anyway), not the 'normal' ones or the minis. I guess its mid-size, but it feels too large to be big size, and it certainly isn't a mega airport one. 'I've been round the world and seen loads of amazing sights and cultures and had all sorts of experiences, but thanks for picking me up from the airport, here's some aftershave (not the one you wear), a bottle of crap whiskey (but its huge) and a mega sized toblerone'

2) Digestives are an interesting call, but are what a lot of people might use in a cheesecake and therefore cheating (mix of hobnobs, digestives and gingersnaps in my much-admired bannoffee pie base, just fyi). This is an 'open' thing though... you set your own rules. I feel like they possibly have a bit too much sweetness though and a bit too much tendency to 'mulch' and end up stuck to the roof of your mouth/in your teeth. They are also quite large and quite think - moving this from a delicious canape style indulgence to a bit more of a sad sort of real attempt at 'food'

3) It occurs to me now that you might not be suggesting a sandwich though, and more of a 'digestive-as-edible-plate' kind of format, which does intrigue me. Please crack on and report back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

There's a few things to address here:

1) I'm currently using what I'd describe as a large toblerone (ie you know you shouldn't eat it all in one night - but do anyway), not the 'normal' ones or the minis. I guess its mid-size, but it feels too large to be big size, and it certainly isn't a mega airport one. 'I've been round the world and seen loads of amazing sights and cultures and had all sorts of experiences, but thanks for picking me up from the airport, here's some aftershave (not the one you wear), a bottle of crap whiskey (but its huge) and a mega sized toblerone'

2) Digestives are an interesting call, but are what a lot of people might use in a cheesecake and therefore cheating (mix of hobnobs, digestives and gingersnaps in my much-admired bannoffee pie base, just fyi). This is an 'open' thing though... you set your own rules. I feel like they possibly have a bit too much sweetness though and a bit too much tendency to 'mulch' and end up stuck to the roof of your mouth/in your teeth. They are also quite large and quite think - moving this from a delicious canape style indulgence to a bit more of a sad sort of real attempt at 'food'

3) It occurs to me now that you might not be suggesting a sandwich though, and more of a 'digestive-as-edible-plate' kind of format, which does intrigue me. Please crack on and report back.

If you have snaffled yourself a mega size airport toblerone, then I do agree a digestive is a sensible proposition. 

You've just reminded me of that website where people submit recipes and pictures etc of making absolutely giant jammy dodgers and the rest!

Let me find it and browse it all night as opposed to this work I could and should be doing.

We're still sending out Johnson and players like Wright and Leshabela who never seem likely to go out on loan. No sign of Tavares, assume he's having another few months off again. Regbha may as well have stayed in Ireland, would probably have learnt more than the three years I expect he's going to have in this team.

Man Utd have an average age of 18, half the players are 16-17 whereas we have three 19 year olds and everyone else is 20 or above.

How long are we going to continue delaying prospects such as Nelson and Fitzhugh in preference to 21/22 year olds in their 3rd or even 4th season in the u23s going nowhere?

• Like 4