Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Here's how I envisage it going.....

Tavares plays tonight, we qualify for the next round. He scores some outrageous goal and is named on the bench vs Southampton and comes on to help close out an emphatic win. Signs a new deal in a few weeks and the club ask me what role if any I'd like. I'm appointed Purveyor of Flair and have an office next to Rudkin and Beaglehole at Seagrave with a kitchenette to do me Kiev and beans in.

Didn't quite have the beautiful ending Mystic-Ric had predicted with a half-time dragging but who knows what the future holds from hereon for Tavares.......apart from his agent and father @Ric Flair

Last nights comments on here about the Tranmere game was one of the most entertaining threads i've read on this forum....very funny! :D   Thanks to all contributors who made me smile and i eagerly await the next developments on the Tavares/Flair Love story that has captured the hearts of the forum...!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Didn't quite have the beautiful ending Mystic-Ric had predicted with a half-time dragging but who knows what the future holds from hereon for Tavares.......apart from his agent and father @Ric Flair

Last nights comments on here about the Tranmere game was one of the most entertaining threads i've read on this forum....very funny! :D   Thanks to all contributors who made me smile and i eagerly await the next developments on the Tavares/Flair Love story that has captured the hearts of the forum...!  

Hahahaa I feel very empty today, got a horrible feeling that's the last we see of the prodigical son. He seemed to be carrying a knock as @Simon alex alluded to, rather than Brendan pulling rank and getting Beaglehole to protect him for the weekend. 

I still think he's ready for the first team, we're sat on a £50m player and it feels like when I find out my missus has lobbed a load of left over pizza in the bin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

If you ask me its just a cheap re-make of the Cattermole/Col City Fan epic circa 2015...

Edited by nwl fox

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Could be but why wouldn’t they just play him yesterday? 

Given the covid crisis at the moment it makes sense not to mix bubbles. If he’s been training with the first team it smart to keep him away from the others. 

glad our club is run sensibly 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And Praet is jogging away happily in the background, so definitely not taken this week.

Yeah just checked it was the week of the Newcastle game. Not like the club to be poor about that sort of thing 🙃

So if KDH isn’t going to return and Praet out for 3 months, who is the next cab off the rank in terms of young midfielders?

We've heard a lot about Tavares on here, but with injuries and contract disputes maybe not ready to step into the first team.

Fitzhugh has been named in the Europa League squad is he ready to step into the team if required?

Callum Wright was highly rated at Blackburn as was Hulme at Bury.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

So if KDH isn’t going to return and Praet out for 3 months, who is the next cab off the rank in terms of young midfielders?

We've heard a lot about Tavares on here, but with injuries and contract disputes maybe not ready to step into the first team.

Fitzhugh has been named in the Europa League squad is he ready to step into the team if required?

Callum Wright was highly rated at Blackburn as was Hulme at Bury.

Callum Wright is not even close to KDH at any level so would be surprised if he is elevated to 1st team without having first been tested at Lg1 or championship level.

Personally, i suspect he would struggle at championship level based on what ive previously seen.

Cannot comment on Fitzhugh or Hulme but if they are behind Wright in the pecking order.....then they are way behind KDH.

Cant imagine KDH would be too pleased either if he loses out on the opportunity he has been waiting for to prove himself in the 1st team at the expense of lesser players as i believe he can be recalled from his loan spell.

If we are genuinely struggling for midfielders i cannot imagine we would go for untested options while we are still challenging for CL places as opposed to recalling KDH who has at least proved himself at championship level 

• Like 1

Is Leshabela up to the job I think he's been on the bench at least once so must be in someone's mind.

just checked he was on the bench against Braga (H) and Zorya (A)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Is Leshabela up to the job I think he's been on the bench at least once so must be in someone's mind.

He’s always looked the best of the bunch when I’ve watched the U23 side. I think his form has dipped a bit, but he looks a decent option 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Probably the most likely to be stepping up and making up the midfield numbers whilst Praet is out. Tavares is the better talent, but that situation has been gone over enough now.

• Like 1

Real shame, I imagine we'll let his contract run out this summer. At one point a few years ago before he started getting all the injuries, he was sitting on our first team bench next to Barnes. Reminded me of Big Wes the way he plays, and he can actually score from corners... 

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Real shame, I imagine we'll let his contract run out this summer. At one point a few years ago before he started getting all the injuries, he was sitting on our first team bench next to Barnes. Reminded me of Big Wes the way he plays, and he can actually score from corners... 

...his thighs looks the same size as his calf........has this been photoshopped!!!

5 hours ago, brucey said:

I know a few at Burton and he was really highly rated there they were desperate to get him in permanently and his injury was a big loss for them. He’s had a few big injuries now though so hope it all works out for him