Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

22 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

I thought Leshebela might get a chance - but obviously they don’t think he’s ready. I had quite high hopes for him, but it looks like he’s not going to breakthrough. 

Same here...a shame..:cry:

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

U18's 2-0 up at half time Terell Pennant with both goals. He needs more opportunities in the U23's as he's the only winger we have at that level, he's far too good for U18 level.

4-1 now Pennant hattrick and Fitzhugh got one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

4-1 now Pennant hattrick and Fitzhugh got one 

Both should be more involved for u23s but we’ve got Wright and Leshabela in the way, both having spent 3-4 seasons at that level now without a loan.

However I used to think if a players doing well in the u18s then it’s a good sign but I have doubts now. They may only be performing well in the u18s because like the u23s we’ve probably got the oldest team in that age group seeing as it takes forever to be promoted. Nothing looks like it’s going to change though.

• Like 2

Will Alves not yet ready for the U18's? The clips he puts up of his games for the U16's are an absolute disgrace. I'm surprised he's not banned for what he does to the opposition. Not sure how much of a team player he is but his skill is ridiculous.

On 29/01/2021 at 17:29, Lesta2014 said:

Doesn’t Callum Wright play attacking midfield? He’s obviously deemed not good enough or ready.

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Both should be more involved for u23s but we’ve got Wright and Leshabela in the way, both having spent 3-4 seasons at that level now without a loan.

However I used to think if a players doing well in the u18s then it’s a good sign but I have doubts now. They may only be performing well in the u18s because like the u23s we’ve probably got the oldest team in that age group seeing as it takes forever to be promoted. Nothing looks like it’s going to change though.

Callum's 20 and much improved from the last time I watched him.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Will Alves not yet ready for the U18's? The clips he puts up of his games for the U16's are an absolute disgrace. I'm surprised he's not banned for what he does to the opposition. Not sure how much of a team player he is but his skill is ridiculous.

Patience Ric! Patience 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 13:47, LCFC1996 said:

Assuming this is in the context of us being after an attacking mid

Does anyone else find this bit pretty damning? This bit specifically:

"My first look was in the youth sides, but we don’t have someone there at the moment"

It kind of screams how disjointed the whole youth setup is to the main team which to be fair a lot of us have feared for a long time.

It's as if Rodgers had to go and ask or have a look at where people were at as a reaction rather there being any plan.

To be fair Rodgers and his team have done an incredible job and their time must be devoted wholeheartedly to first team activities but this kind of disjointedness needs addressing IMO. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

Feel it’s a pretty bad sign for the current U23s, that whilst most tiger teams have at least given a couple a slot on the bench, Brendan would rather stick Fuchs on the bench than have an attacking option from the youth team. Zorya is the only time we’ve had some involved

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

End of that section Wakeling suggests there is a clear link up between U18s and First Team playing style. I think it's just going to take time as they graduate up to the U23s and we see some promise start to shine through.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

20 yr old going for 6 months in league 2 to see how he does? If he excels he'll be in a league 1 team next year

I'm just surprised he's made it out on loan before the age of 22. Surely he's due to play some more Beagleball?!

• Haha 1