Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

Wankeling is almost Vardyesque in style. Looks baffling how West Brom let him go at this point. Similar case with Suengchittawon too.

Agreed, both look as if they could do a job on loan for a lower league side this season.

Really impressed with Wakeling second half, once he had been put central.  Not just the quality finish for his goal, but a real handfull, and his overall game looked good too.

Mind you knowing our under 23 set up, he will probably be playing centre half next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Excise my ignorance and possible stupid question but are the u23's instructed to play in a similar style to that of the first team? Or is it treated separately? 

Don't really follow our development teams but decided to give this one a go

...it  looked at one time for a while that they were adopting the first teams style but they reverted back to type!!!

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't want to get carried away but Wakeling looks unbelievable

Would have to agree. Seen him a few times. He has come from non-league mens football and just seems to be a natural striker/goalscorer. Hope he is around the first team squad/training.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Really impressed with Wakeling second half, once he had been put central.  Not just the quality finish for his goal, but a real handfull, and his overall game looked good too.

Mind you knowing our under 23 set up, he will probably be playing centre half next week.

Thought I saw Brendan from above on the terrace. Taking control perhaps. Wakeling training with the first team shortly?

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Impressive performance from the lads! Great way to make our bow on the new training ground with a victory over Man United. Will do them the world of confidence 

I was impressed too - great team performance and some good individual ones too.  The 2 fullbacks looked really good..

Then I read the comment above about the relative ages and that dulled my enthusiasm.  Party pooper!

....Suengchitthawon probably my pick of the players tonight!!!

He seems to have a different approach to the game compared to his team mates and is more positive in his play than the others. Said before Wakeling is someone who will come through but Suengchitthawon just binds our forward play and very good in tight situations.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shane said:

No surprise Thanawat is doing well tbh. Comes from a decent academy and has played for France at youth level. 

Not what some on here would have told you a few months back. “Got released by a French second division side, can’t be any good” :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Not what some on here would have told you a few months back. “Got released by a French second division side, can’t be any good” :rolleyes:

Well he was, why didn't the French side keep him? 

29 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well he was, why didn't the French side keep him? 

Why didn't Sheffield Wednesday keep Jamie Vardy? Why didn't Villa keep Albrighton? Sometimes people forget on here we built a title winning squad on players other clubs didn't want and write players off way too quickly.

Edited by Aleksz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Why didn't Sheffield Wednesday keep Jamie Vardy? Why didn't Villa keep Albrighton? Sometimes people forget on here we built a title winning squad on players other clubs didn't want and write players off way too quickly.

Either that or sometimes a player needs to move on to kick start or reignite their career

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

All true, but it doesn't prove that the original statement was wrong, he isn't a first team regular, for us or anyone else, yet. 

The owners have made no secret of wanting to progress Thai football, if theyve luckily found a first teamers then great.