Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

He’s one who’s looked technically sound but very slight and still in a child’s body almost in stature! Interested to see how he does! Certainly scored goals! 

He's bulked up a lot in the past year. The loan seems good. He's coasting in the u23s. A challenge will do him good. Are they going to give the captain's armband to Tav...

It's encouraging that Cheltenham are 4th in the table so they clearly see him being able to contribute towards a promotion push. If he excels there then there will be talk of League One or Championship next season. It has to be a good move all round, doesn't it?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He's bulked up a lot in the past year. The loan seems good. He's coasting in the u23s. A challenge will do him good. Are they going to give the captain's armband to Tav...

To be fair I didn’t realise he was only 20 still and signed at 17. Thought he was about 22/23! How long she got left on contract? Does anyone know?

Edited by Lesta2014

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

To be fair I didn’t realise he was only 20 still and signed at 17. Thought he was about 22/23! How long she got left on contract? Does anyone know?

3.5 year deal when he joined in Jan 2018, doesn’t appear to be anything about a renewal anywhere either so unless we have the option to extend for another year, his contract ends this summer

Would I be correct in thinking there will have to be some U23 players included in the squad on Wednesday?

With Gray and Slimani who were both in the original 25 gone and injuries to Vardy, Ndidi, Morgan, Castagne, Fofana and Praet. That’s 8 out of the 25 man squad missing. 
I would assume that would mean any regular u23 players not in the squad today would be in the match day squad if we name a full bench against Fulham.

I don’t watch them much but you can see the managers style of play and I don’t have much hope for the lads. Basically press when you haven’t got the ball and hit it channels when you have, it’s painful to watch. 

one of the centre half’s had Tavares next to him in space, and just kicked it into the channels 

What a vulgar style of football, yet we created a number of very good openings but had absolutely no desire to get the ball down and play. Tavares is very classy on the ball but I do worry if he has the determination and engine to excel. Yes I said it. On the ball though he's silk kegs.

Both Pennant and Arlott-John have a lot of excitement, Pennant looked the only player really capable of making that telling pass in the final 3rd in that last 20 mins and hopefully he gets more chances. Absolute waste to be playing U18's when he's 18 and more than capable of making the step up.

Wakeling had a frustrating night, is that his first game he hasn't scored for us for a while? Looking forward to seeing him progress though and pleasing to see Regbha finally get a goal, he played well.

• Like 1