UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Captain of our under 23s joining a league 2 side. Our under 23s really are the pits. 

20 yr old going for 6 months in league 2 to see how he does? If he excels he'll be in a league 1 team next year

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

20 yr old going for 6 months in league 2 to see how he does? If he excels he'll be in a league 1 team next year

I'm just surprised he's made it out on loan before the age of 22. Surely he's due to play some more Beagleball?!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

He’s one who’s looked technically sound but very slight and still in a child’s body almost in stature! Interested to see how he does! Certainly scored goals! 

He's bulked up a lot in the past year. The loan seems good. He's coasting in the u23s. A challenge will do him good. Are they going to give the captain's armband to Tav...

It's encouraging that Cheltenham are 4th in the table so they clearly see him being able to contribute towards a promotion push. If he excels there then there will be talk of League One or Championship next season. It has to be a good move all round, doesn't it?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He's bulked up a lot in the past year. The loan seems good. He's coasting in the u23s. A challenge will do him good. Are they going to give the captain's armband to Tav...

To be fair I didn’t realise he was only 20 still and signed at 17. Thought he was about 22/23! How long she got left on contract? Does anyone know?

Edited by Lesta2014
12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

To be fair I didn’t realise he was only 20 still and signed at 17. Thought he was about 22/23! How long she got left on contract? Does anyone know?

3.5 year deal when he joined in Jan 2018, doesn’t appear to be anything about a renewal anywhere either so unless we have the option to extend for another year, his contract ends this summer

2 hours ago, LCFC1996 said:

Some notable names not involved, Leshabela, Nelson, Daley Campbell, maybe some loans 🤷‍♂️

Or all players who play in positions where we have new injuries and could be involved on Wednesday 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Arlott-John and Pennant on at HT, has Beaglehole had a bang to the head?

Arlott-John just created the equaliser, Pennant also looks comfortable at this level.

• Like 1

Would I be correct in thinking there will have to be some U23 players included in the squad on Wednesday?

With Gray and Slimani who were both in the original 25 gone and injuries to Vardy, Ndidi, Morgan, Castagne, Fofana and Praet. That’s 8 out of the 25 man squad missing. 
I would assume that would mean any regular u23 players not in the squad today would be in the match day squad if we name a full bench against Fulham.