Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

9 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Danny Simpson in the U23's tonight ? its true  

He was speaking to Adrian Childs on 5-Live on Friday, I think, and said how good the club have been to him. He's 34, fit and ready to go if a club wants a good solid right back. It's a showcase for him so hopefully a Championship club will give him a contract. 

Always speaks in glowing terms about the City. Immortal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

He was speaking to Adrian Childs on 5-Live on Friday, I think, and said how good the club have been to him. He's 34, fit and ready to go if a club wants a good solid right back. It's a showcase for him so hopefully a Championship club will give him a contract. 

Always speaks in glowing terms about the City. Immortal. 

Its an opportunity for him , i suppose, but the plain and simple reason he is playing is 8 players were taken out the squad for the 1st team and they're short of players !!!!

15 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Danny Simpson in the U23's tonight ? its true  

Good, we don't have any decent U18 or U23 right backs at the minute.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Although the style of football was an abomination last week, it was really good to see Fitzhugh, Tavares, Pennant and Arlott-John in there. I really like watching Wakeling play too, seems destined to be good enough for at least a decent League One side come next season, possibly higher. Was also good to see Regbha back looking dangerous. 

Any news on Ben Nelson? 

2 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Its an opportunity for him , i suppose, but the plain and simple reason he is playing is 8 players were taken out the squad for the 1st team and they're short of players !!!!

Does that mean the ones who trained last week with the first team aren't going to be in the U23's for the foreseeable then? 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Good, we don't have any decent U18 or U23 right backs at the minute.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Although the style of football was an abomination last week, it was really good to see Fitzhugh, Tavares, Pennant and Arlott-John in there. I really like watching Wakeling play too, seems destined to be good enough for at least a decent League One side come next season, possibly higher. Was also good to see Regbha back looking dangerous. 

Any news on Ben Nelson? 

Ben is injured 

1 hour ago, jamesmilner said:

So only top clubs then , i will take that !!

Law of averages tells you that every major city with a population >300k is likely to have 1 or 2 kids capable of progressing to international football....its just a case of which academy signs them first or whether they develop later via non-league football. 

Bit like fishing with dynamite really....the bigger your catchment area, the greater your choice....and the more chance you have of ending up with one that 'sticks'.  

Real question is how many more might we have produced with better coaches as the only 2 we have produced in recent times largely by-passed our U23s set-up.....where as Ndukwu was considered to be one of the most technically gifted players of his generation and played through England age groups until 17.....and now he is nowhere to be seen having disappeared off the radar under Beagleholes hoofball. 

Is that all just co-incidence...?

Luton and Exeter (& many others no doubt if i researched it thoroughly) have both produced academy graduates that are playing international football now and Chilwell and Dele Ali were both with MK Dons in their formative years before the top clubs came calling....so its not only top clubs that produce them....its just that they eventually end up at top clubs.

37 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Law of averages tells you that every major city with a population >300k is likely to have 1 or 2 kids capable of progressing to international football....its just a case of which academy signs them first or whether they develop later via non-league football. 

Bit like fishing with dynamite really....the bigger your catchment area, the greater your choice....and the more chance you have of ending up with one that 'sticks'.  

Real question is how many more might we have produced with better coaches as the only 2 we have produced in recent times largely by-passed our U23s set-up.....where as Ndukwu was considered to be one of the most technically gifted players of his generation and played through England age groups until 17.....and now he is nowhere to be seen having disappeared off the radar under Beagleholes hoofball. 

Luton and Exeter (& many others no doubt if i researched it thoroughly) have both produced academy graduates that are playing international football now and Chilwell and Dele Ali were both with MK Dons in their formative years before the top clubs came calling....so its not only top clubs that produce them....its just that they eventually end up at top clubs.

.. as regards Ndukwu, I have never seen a player that looked so much that he does not want to be on the pitch!!!

4 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

When the pubs open I’ll buy you a pint of BITTER . 👍 ! If you was an electric cable you’d be ‘negative’ . Unfortunately over 98% of academy players fail .Leicester have had success and failures ,that’s football . But overall they’ve done better than most . If you think Leighton has failed because of ‘ hoofball ‘ , you know nothing . If players (not just Leighton ) are that good , quite obviously they’ll be signed by another club ? Why doesn’t/hasn’t that happened ? We’ve got quite a few ‘hoofball’ trained players out on loan doing fine 👍. Like I say , the academy is doing ok for what it’s supposed to do ! 

Edited by jamesmilner
Another view
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1