Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Leshabela and Daley-Campbell on bench the first team.

What do you make of that Thai lad we signed, given his age surely he needs to step up to the first team in the summer?

Nowhere near good enough, but nor are the other two. Leshabela is energetic but is miles away from Choudhury's level when he played U23's.

19 minutes ago, Mark said:

Nowhere near good enough, but nor are the other two. Leshabela is energetic but is miles away from Choudhury's level when he played U23's.

he's a different type of player to Choudhury isn't he?

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

As I said in an earlier thread, none of the current team are anywhere near ready for the Premier League

Looks like Pennant, Wanya Marcal, Tavares, Flynn, Fitzhugh, Suengchitthawon all joined up with Vontae-Campbell and Leshabela. 

Ben Nelson must be injured and surprised Wakeling wasn't there but hard to decipher from that video who else could have been involved. I suppose its better to bubble them all up now with the games coming thick and fast?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I wonder what the reason behind this is? 

Didn’t look like the ones who started a on Wednesday night were in the video, probably a different training session? Maddison posted videos of them in the pool, maybe they did stuff in there and then joined rest outside? I could be way off the mark on that though 

• Like 2

I think given the amount of injuries, we're having to make sure a large number are training in the first team bubble so that we can call on them if needed. 

I also think given injuries and not getting signings, we will try our very best to drop out of the cup next week, so I imagine 6 or 7 U23's could be in that squad.

• Like 1

I would have also thought another reason for so many Youth squad being there along with bubbles and lots of matches is to help in numbers in training . It’s hard to play an 11V11  or practice certain things if you d only got 14-15 first team fit players . 

On 02/02/2021 at 21:37, Foxy-Lady said:

Just off the top of my head.....

Man Utd....Liverpool....Chelsea....Tottenham....Man City....Southampton....

(PS  Ironically, Barnes & Chilwell both benefitted by loan moves aged 19/20 as opposed to being stuck in our U23s for 3-4 years playing Beagleball....which is precisely the essence of this debate) 

So only top clubs then , i will take that !!