Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Wingers

Considering we're looking to spend 50 mil on trincao i think we have to consider him in that bracket of proven player even if he's not fully developed yet. You have to assume the club see him as one of the best players we have available to us as he is right now if we're willing to spend that money on him.

17 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

We have Barnes, Gray who have potential and are now linked with Benrahma and Trincao who also have potential. It's good to have young up and coming players but at some stage they have to step up. Should we pay for the proven player or spread the money on potential?

What supposed proven players are there that we should sign? We got one in Perez and was he anymore of a success than the players we've signed with potential in recent years?

If we’re buying one winger, he has to be a left-footed right winger.

If we’re buying two, and one is Trincão, then IMO the other should be someone who can hit the ground running at PL level, and compete with & rotate with Barnes & Trincão.

Zaha is available for the sort of money Brentford will want for Benrahma, albeit with higher wages etc. I know which I’d prefer.

I think I know who PL defenders would be more worried by too.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What supposed proven players are there that we should sign? We got one in Perez and was he anymore of a success than the players we've signed with potential in recent years?

...played out of position!!!

Without entering into another protracted debate as to the position he played at Newcastle, on paper it said wide but in the game he was in effect a second striker.

Once again, square pegs, round holes.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...played out of position!!!

Without entering into another protracted debate as to the position he played at Newcastle, on paper it said wide but in the game he was in effect a second striker.

Once again, square pegs, round holes.

My point still stands, what supposed proven and experienced wingers can we target? No doubt people will say Zaha and I rest my case.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus Christ, Demarai Gray will be eighty five years old and in a nursing home remembering back over his career in the Championship and Foxes Talk will still be excited by his potential. 

I used to argue against you and your "potential" beef posts.... but... he's 24 now. If he had it, he'd have done something here by now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

We have Barnes, Gray who have potential and are now linked with Benrahma and Trincao who also have potential. It's good to have young up and coming players but at some stage they have to step up. Should we pay for the proven player or spread the money on potential?

Does gray have potential at 24 or 25 he’s almost at his prime 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

We won't be getting a "PL proven" (hate that phrase) winger in because the good ones are expensive.

I saw a Man United fan say that he wants Zaha over Sancho because he's Premier League proven. 

Wonder if he'd choose James Collins over De Ligt

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we could get £10-15m for Gray then I'd move him on. Max Gradel as back up to Barnes and to be reunited with me would be a dream come true. Trincao, Stengs or Brooks in on the right and we'll be dancing.

Max Gradel lol lol

**** off Ric now you're just trolling 

• Haha 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

Max Gradel lol lol

**** off Ric now you're just trolling 

Imagine rolling back the years with a bit of Gradel off the bench. Or let Gradel wear out the oppositions right back for 60 mins and then let Barnes loose on them. Its the perfect master and apprentice combo for me.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf I don't think I realised he averaged about 1 in 3 at St Etienne, not actually to be sniffed at. 

He turned out to be a pound land Ronaldo after he left us for a few years. All went wrong for him at Bournemouth when he did his cruciate against us funnily enough. He's done OK at Toulouse and although I jest about us signing him, he would score more than Gray and Albrighton ever would for us. No way are we signing a 32 year old winger though, we'd have gone all in on Lallana if that's the route we want to go down.

Perez, very good inside forward and works well with Ricardo in a 433. Also excellent as a 10. Keep

Barnes, most likely to score/assist. Keep

Albrighton, good attitude, experience and versatility.  Keep.

The rest can go at the right price. Gray could surely command £15m. Kaputska should obviously leave.

Personally think 2 wingers are needed in an ideal world. Someone direct (Sarr) and someone more suited to our usual system (Brooks). Not sure how either would fair on the left, but we'd have a lot of options there. Our current wingers don't really stretch the pitch much and whilst I know that's our full backs job, we need more variety.

Alternatively the barca boy and Fraser would be very appealing. One for each side. Plenty of options out there!