Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It would just seem at odds with our current financial climate and the recruitment model we have adopted. I'm not bothered if we do sign him, he ought to do well here but it would surprise me to see us blow that on him, he's got 20 months left on his deal and is nearly 28.

We have the money to spend, but it’s probably our whole budget. 

I think sometimes you have to say we can’t take a risk on a rough diamond. Especially when said rough diamond costs about the same as a ready made player.

That rough diamond could be a turd also, it’s what risk we want to take.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The player didn’t want to move to London ......

Well he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to even consider moving to London if the bid was rejected, would he? 

What I’m meaning by that is he wouldn’t have got the chance to discuss moving to London because you can’t discuss personal terms until a bid is accepted. Or am I wrong?

Edited by Manini

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

Well he wouldn’t have had the opportunity to even consider moving to London if the bid was rejected, would he? 

What I’m meaning by that is he wouldn’t have got the chance to discuss moving to London because you can’t discuss personal terms until a bid is accepted. Or am I wrong?

The fact the player wasn’t interested makes it easy to reject 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Thank you Babs. @st albans fox please take note in future. 

With lockdowns still occurring, Sullivan won’t have that many dildos available !

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would just seem at odds with our current financial climate and the recruitment model we have adopted. I'm not bothered if we do sign him, he ought to do well here but it would surprise me to see us blow that on him, he's got 20 months left on his deal and is nearly 28.

It doesn't matter how long is left on his contract, we need him, Burnley know that, they also have a large sell-on to pay.

4 hours ago, honeybradger said:

We were 4 atb with ndidi playing as a cb, 

That doesn't mean he won't now go three at the back due to Ndidi's injury. How would we have played three at the back, we didn't have the players available to do that.

3 hours ago, Nickbluefox said:

Feels to me like we'd be going for our 4th choice, which seems like it's panic buying unfortunately. It's like saying 'We don't really want him, but he'll have to do, even though he costs more than our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices' 🤷‍♂️

Ooh, now here's a thought, if we're willing to pay that kinda money for 4th choice, I tell you what,  let's go for the 1st or 2nd choice FFS 🤔🤔🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

4th? Who was our 3rd choice?

3 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Completely agree. No one will complain about a few million pounds more  for Fofana when he gets sold for a top 5 record fee for a defender in a few years. Trust the scouts.

If we sign Tarkowski he'll be here till we want him  to leave. Sign Fofana and we could be doing this again in 3 years, makes sense to have some continuity and experience in the team.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Three of the first 5 games alone.

A new defence so it made sense to play defensive the first few games.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

How is a £50m release clause for Man U, Man C and Liverpool relevant at all?

That’s aimed at the Burnley fans Because some are stamping their feet about him having a £50 mil release clause so £30mil is an insult 

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Surely somewhere in Europe there is a defender available for under £30m that’s decent. £40m I’m struggling to live with.

A lot riskier though with no premier league experience. Tarkowski would slide straight in, no worries.

Reading the Burnley forums most of them say they wouldn't even sell for 40 and they watch him week in week out. They rate him way more than Keane and seem devastated they might lose him.

Just now, peach0000 said:

A lot riskier though with no premier league experience. Tarkowski would slide straight in, no worries.

Reading the Burnley forums most of them say they wouldn't even sell for 40 and they watch him week in week out. They rate him way more than Keane and seem devastated they might lose him.

The higher the number gets for him, the riskier this transfer gets as it’s a gigantic investment for a club like ours.

• Like 1