Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t expect there will a bigger club than us in for him as he approaches 30 .....can’t see a risk he would do it to us ...

It's not so much a question of him doing it to us. More a huge question mark on his character. 

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Maybe he shouldn't have signed his last contract assuming no-one held a gun to his head!

Bit naive. 

Long contracts suit the player and the club. Higher wages and a bigger fee for the club. 

It's the same as when Mahrez or Maguire or Chilwell wanted to leave us. They see the step up and therefore want to leave. Contracts are just a security for all concerned 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Won't be able to do it to us most likely, if he spends two seasons here for example no one higher up the tree than us is going to take him on at 30.

Its his last big contract. Fair play to him for preventing Burnley from playing games with his livelyhood. They should of had the problem solved with the time they had at the opening of the window from the end of last summer when the rumours were started. Only have themselves to blame.

Edited by SO1

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Its his last big contract. Fair play to him for preventing Burnley from playing games with his livelyhood. They should of had the problem solved with the time they had at the opening of the window from the end of last summer when the rumours were started. Only have themselves to blame.

He signed a contract with burnley he needs to honour it until burnley agree otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Bit naive. 

Long contracts suit the player and the club. Higher wages and a bigger fee for the club. 

It's the same as when Mahrez or Maguire or Chilwell wanted to leave us. They see the step up and therefore want to leave. Contracts are just a security for all concerned 

Players have way too much power these days. Maybe on Monday morning I'll try and blackmail my boss into promoting me or giving me a pay rise - somehow I don't think I'll get very far. 

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Players have way too much power these days. Maybe on Monday morning I'll try and blackmail my boss into promoting me or giving me a pay rise - somehow I don't think I'll get very far. 

That's because you don't work in an industry where you're a multi million pound asset. 

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

So? Drinky forced a move to Chelsea. Mahrez forced a move to Man City. Without them we would never have won the Premier League

People seemingly turn into fully qualified psychologists around the subject of players ‘forcing’ moves.  While at the moment it’s speculation, he’s done it before but he’s always progressed and gone from strength to strength after the fact. He’s described as a good bloke on and off the pitch.  I’ve no doubt he’ll do well here and be a massive asset  if we can get a deal agreed. 

21 months left on his contract

He's too old to get a move to an elite club now

Refusing to play

I certainly wouldn't be offering Burnley any more than we are now. If the level of clubs interested in him are Leicester and West Ham then he's not worth £30m+ IMO. 

I think if we stand our ground we either get Tarkowski or Fofana by the deadline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Don't forget agents. They are the real power behind all this sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

With all due respect Tarkowski probably does a better job than you.:D He has the power as well as the club.

He's playing by the rules(unwritten) that have very little to do with the world you and I inhabit.