Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Burnley want 40m and this might happen. 

To put put it into perspective that’s 27 Diabates.... footballs a funny old game

Or half a Maguire. 

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Burnley want 40m and this might happen. 

To put it into perspective that’s 27 Diabates.... footballs a funny old game

3 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It used to be. Now it's a market that can't determine fair value.

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Or half a Maguire

Right then would you rather have 1 maguire or 54 Diabates ? lol

Like others I really don't get this.  We are prepared to pay more for a player who will be worth nothing in a few years time like Tarkowski, yet not the same amount for a player equally as good, whose value will only skyrocket if he's as good as he looks.  It makes zero sense. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

We weren't desperate. We were getting stupid quotes cos figured we were loaded from the Maguire sale.

We were, or at least other clubs thought we were. This is before everyone knew Soyuncu is as good as he is, don't forget.

Nevertheless, my point still stands - it was no easier for us to buy a centre-half then than it is now.

Tarkowski is a very good player we know that. He's solid and can give us strength in depth. Wasn't he second in most defensive stats behind Van Dijk?

For 30million and as he's only nearly 28 we can get a good 6 years out of him. 

Pushing on to £40million or even £50 million with eventual add on's I feel is just far too much. There would be little resale value in the future and that is not how we do things.

I can't see us going over £35million.

I would still prefer Fofana. His Ceiling could be a lot higher and with a big resale value but obviously is a bigger risk as untested at PL level.

Interesting to see how this all develops.

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I would take 1 tarks at about 37 million,  proven premier league player, 28 gives him 5/6 years at the top, Burnley fans love him, lot of money but quality and less than half of what we got for Maguire,  get him in.

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Like others I really don't get this.  We are prepared to pay more for a player who will be worth nothing in a few years time like Tarkowski, yet not the same amount for a player equally as good, whose value will only skyrocket if he's as good as he looks.  It makes zero sense. 

We don’t know that, we have almost no idea, just swept along on a wave of teen-like hysteria.

Tarks, on the other hand, we know. He’s good, PL proven, & has given most strikers at our level a game.

Chill!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Be very disappointed if we spunk 40m on a 28 year old cb who cant even make it into the England squad above dross like Tyrone Mings. Should be avoiding overpriced Prem players like the plague.

Southgate's judgement of players isn't good so you can't really use that as a barometer - unless you agree with every single England squad that's picked?

Do you think Barkley is better than Maddison / Grealish? Pickford better than Pope?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If you could play all of the Diabates at the same time, then no competition.

I'd line up 30 Diabates on our goal line, 10 as outfield players and the other 14 to get red cards for inflicting game ending injuries on the opposition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Don't really think anything of Tarkowski. Never really seen him stand out, although I'm not saying he's shit.

Can't think he's a 30m+ player though

I've always kind of thought the same. 

The player doesn't stand out but his stats certainly do. 

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If you could play all of the Diabates at the same time, then no competition.

I'd line up 30 Diabates on our goal line, 10 as outfield players and the other 14 to get red cards for inflicting game ending injuries on the opposition.

You’d have to pay all of the Diabates though... the wage bill would be unsustainable!

• Like 1

Seems we thought (understandably) that we'd get better value buying from Ligue 1 and that we'd get Fofana for a reasonable fee. Obviously didn't bargain for how stubborn St Etienne would be and now we'll have to pay through the nose for Tarkowski. I think he's a really good player but anything above £30m seems like bad business for a 28 year old. Doesn't seem like Tah is really an option.

Guest Markyblue
Just now, nettle said:

And he's definitely as good as Maguire probably better defensively. 

I would have him for the simple reason we know he can do it in the premier league,  can we gamble a record transfer fee on a lad we just dont know if he can, we ain't man city or Chelsea. 

12 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I would take 1 tarks at about 37 million,  proven premier league player, 28 gives him 5/6 years at the top, Burnley fans love him, lot of money but quality and less than half of what we got for Maguire,  get him in.

Em, excuse me but here on FT, we only use that as an argument AGAINST signing a player. 

Selling teams fans hate him = Valid argument.

Selling teams fans like him = Not relevant. 

Got it?!

Edited by Foxy_Bear