Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Tarkowski

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sometimes there are ‘arrangements’ between big clubs and agents of these young players on a future move. 

I think you're probably right. Weren't Liverpool and Man City keeping an eye on him? Sure I saw reports as such...

My preference is Fofana because WHAT A SAGA plus he'd be more accepting of 3rd choice, but I'd be happy with Tarks.

Edited by CloudFox
Maybe I'm wrong - looks like it's United and West Ham after him.

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

I’d say he’s miles better than Luiz and Harry well we had there pants down didn’t we 😂

Get him in.

He's not miles better but certainly a good solid PL defender

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Enter stage left Lcfc ........

Are you saying that luiz and maguire aren’t elite defenders ?  I’d be delighted to have cags and Harry as our CB’s ....

Luiz is a bombscare, played for some big clubs but moved on regularly due to high profile errors. Maguire is better than Tarkowski but similarly has weaknesses that sets him apart from the true elite defenders who have it all. 

Tarkoswki for £25m max would be a shrewd signing but anything more starts to make it be a desperate piece of business. Sadly its creeping too close to deadline day and bad decisions are made.

Just bid £35+addons for Fofana. 

Im happy with that. Id rather gamble between him and Tarkowski even if it means a club record signing. Sell on value in a few years would be immense.

I'm more worried now about a striker and understudy to Vardy. No more messing around, get Fofana/another in and move on to a forward.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not miles better but certainly a good solid PL defender

Luiz is a bombscare, played for some big clubs but moved on regularly due to high profile errors. Maguire is better than Tarkowski but similarly has weaknesses that sets him apart from the true elite defenders who have it all. 

Tarkoswki for £25m max would be a shrewd signing but anything more starts to make it be a desperate piece of business. Sadly its creeping too close to deadline day and bad decisions are made.

It IS a desperate piece of business I would argue, not because he is not a good player, he clearly is, but it going to cost close to 40m I reckon.

Also just read that this reported buyout only applies to the big 3 northern clubs- which seems weird, but maybe not.

edit: Should have kept reading....

So Burnley will owe 27.5% of any profit to Brentford, and therefore the profit would be better if it were smaller. Obvious way to do this is to,reduce the fee paid, but top it up with player exchanges...

Winner, winner, Slim and Gray for dinner.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Why don’t we offer them Gray + £20m?

That would teach em! 

Amartey is the obvious one, and Gray.

edit: Mentioned it before, but Marc is the player Burnley would like I imagine. 

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Amartey is the obvious one, and Gray.

edit: Mentioned it before, but Marc is the player Burnley would like I imagine. 

To be fair, I'm now thinking Amartey might need to stay as cover for the CBs. Can't believe I'm saying that. But we may decide that there's no sensible business available out there. 

A few on Burnley board not quite convinced about the toe ‘injury’ and that his omission again seems ominous. However like a frequent Burnley poster they seem determined that it’s £50m or no transfer, unfortunately for them they’ll never be getting that. I would be very happy with this at the right price. 

Edited by Lesta Legend

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

On a bubble-bursting parade tonight so apologies in advance.

Is this a genuine Twitter source or just your typical all-knowing insider who actually knows sweet FA, but spins rumours to get followers? I'm betting on the latter.  :source:

Edited by Bezzanator89

Just now, Bezzanator89 said:

Is this a genuine Twitter source or just your typical all-knowing insider who actually knows sweet FA, but spins rumours to get followers? I'm betting on the later.  :source:

Oh he tier 1 on twitter. Very very reliable 

1 minute ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Is this a genuine Twitter source or just your typical all-knowing insider who actually knows sweet FA, but spins rumours to get followers? I'm betting on the latter.  :source:

This guy is pretty spot on usually.

2 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Usually very good

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot