Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Ghezzal

35 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8592525/Leicester-flop-Rachid-Ghezzal-join-Fiorentina-permanently-summer-loan-spell.html

Take whatever is offered. Quite surprised their interested seeing as he didnt look like he was that great for them.

According to the article he's cemented himself as a starter since the restart. Good for us, gives us a good negotiating position to get the full 9 mil from the purchase.

Edited by honeybradger

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

According to the article he's cemented himself as a starter since the restart. Good for us, gives us a good negotiating position to get the full 9 mil from the purchase.

I saw one game where he came on after an hour - nothing amazing but fairly solid and some decent creative passes. Some of us saw potential for him in a roaming ten role but we have others who can do a better job so if we can cover some of our losses then we should do

• Like 2

Feel a bit sorry for the lad really. Hes never had a decent run in the side. He might not be the winger we needed but I think he is a half decent player. Most of the games I saw him player he was ok, like others have mentioned he didn't do much less than Perez. 

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Feel a bit sorry for the lad really. Hes never had a decent run in the side. He might not be the winger we needed but I think he is a half decent player. Most of the games I saw him player he was ok, like others have mentioned he didn't do much less than Perez. 

I think he's another one who was being played in the wrong position - too slow to be effective as a winger, but did much better playing centrally. There seems to be a bit of a recurring pattern here... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8592525/Leicester-flop-Rachid-Ghezzal-join-Fiorentina-permanently-summer-loan-spell.html

Take whatever is offered. Quite surprised their interested seeing as he didnt look like he was that great for them.

Surprised to see Benkovic name there for maybe available for transfer! 

52 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I think he's another one who was being played in the wrong position - too slow to be effective as a winger, but did much better playing centrally. There seems to be a bit of a recurring pattern here... 

Indeed. Remember him playing really well in the 10 role in the Burnley home game just after Vichai's death. On the wing he was genuinely bad, though! 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Indeed. Remember him playing really well in the 10 role in the Burnley home game just after Vichai's death. On the wing he was genuinely bad, though! 

I think he played there for the Liverpool home match, which admittedly we lost...but I thought overall we put in a really good performance (I think it was one of those games where we started with Gray as a lone striker!). 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

He became a scapegoat (I was going to say THE scapegoat but he wasn't the only one) for general dislike of Puel. It didn't matter what he did on the field, minds were made up and no amount of positive evidence was going to be noticed. People were too busy (and I heard this when sat in the Kop) indulgently and self-importantly loudly wishing Puel to 'get out of MY club', like they owned it, or it is/was any more their club than anyone else's, or that their petulant, angry diatribes were any more of value than anyone else's. This was just having beaten Chelsea, Man City and Everton.

Puel actually brough in some good players, Tielmans was his idea originally. Maybe he was the wrong person but for the most part he did some good stuff here. He changed our style, he stuck by his decisions. I think his big issue seemed to be he was a relatively poor communicator. I will probably be shot but I quite liked the guy! Yes some of the football towards the end of his tenure was absolutely turgid but to be honest the last 6 months haven been much better.

38 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I think he played there for the Liverpool home match, which admittedly we lost...but I thought overall we put in a really good performance (I think it was one of those games where we started with Gray as a lone striker!). 

There was a few games where I though he looked useful. He has played for us a handful of times. I couldn't really fault him when he played for us. Yes he wasnt Mahrez but he wasnt as bad as some of our fans made out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

He became a scapegoat

Yes he did but for me he did not show anything to prove he was good enough.

He is one the 'deadwood' players that we need to cut our losses on and move him on IMO. Along with Amartey, Slimani, Silva, James and Diabate.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Puel actually brought in some good players, Tielemans was his idea originally. Maybe he was the wrong person but for the most part he did some good stuff here. He changed our style, he stuck by his decisions. I think his big issue seemed to be he was a relatively poor communicator. I will probably be shot but I quite liked the guy! Yes some of the football towards the end of his tenure was absolutely turgid but to be honest the last 6 months haven been much better.

There was a few games where I though he looked useful. He has played for us a handful of times. I couldn't really fault him when he played for us. Yes he wasnt Mahrez but he wasnt as bad as some of our fans made out.

He just didn't engage people, nor was his English getting the job done. Some of the problems we see now existed then, and indeed before - some of the responsibility lies with the players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes he did but for me he did not show anything to prove he was good enough.

He is one the 'deadwood' players that we need to cut our losses on and move him on IMO. Along with Amartey, Slimani, Silva, James and Diabate.

Don't necessarily disagree with this, of course. But he was nowhere near as bad as became legend.

The 45 minutes he played on New Years Day 2019 against Everton; where he was pulled off for Albrighton at half time, was one of the worst individual displays I’ve ever seen. He was dreadful and just looked devoid of confidence. 

He looked done at Leicester at that point. 

Great ability but I think I can walk quicker than he runs. 

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because they are just guess and really have no idea who we want to move on!

Probably!

I’d keep amartey until January if he’s fit! With Ricardo back October earliest we could be short at right back. Keep him as Back up to Justin then sell in January! 

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Probably!

I’d keep amartey until January if he’s fit! With Ricardo back October earliest we could be short at right back. Keep him as Back up to Justin then sell in January! 

Depends how he has recovered form his leg break, I surprised he hasn't feature considering our injuries in defence or gone out on loan. 

If he was fit and Rodgers preferred to pick Bennett over him, probably say everything about his standing with the boss.