Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Ghezzal

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depends how he has recovered form his leg break, I surprised he hasn't feature considering our injuries in defence or gone out on loan. 

If he was fit and Rodgers preferred to pick Bennett over him, probably say everything about his standing with the boss.  

I don’t think he is fit hasn’t been training out on grass yet I don’t think?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Could Top fund a purchase of Ghezzal for Leuven, say £20m, and same for Silva, and same for Slimani? Are are there rules to stop this kind of thing?

FFP I suppose, if they wanted to compete in Europe. 

No doubt we’d be banned from all future competitions for flouting the rules.

8 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Could Top fund a purchase of Ghezzal for Leuven, say £20m, and same for Silva, and same for Slimani? Are there rules to stop this kind of thing?

Couldn't we just loan them? 

Im not sure the players would agree, plus he'd be paying 100% of their wages. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

FFP I suppose, if they wanted to compete in Europe. 

No doubt we’d be banned from all future competitions for flouting the rules.

..not too sure if you have read the question correctly!!!

I suspect what the post was asking if Leuven were to purchase Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal for £20m each would that be a problem?

I would think it would depend on the finances of Leuven and their ability to spend at a rate which would not impact on FFP in relation to wages/Revenue ratio.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..not too sure if you have read the question correctly!!!

I suspect what the post was asking if Leuven were to purchase Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal for £20m each would that be a problem?

I would think it would depend on the finances of Leuven and their ability to spend at a rate which would not impact on FFP in relation to wages/Revenue ratio.

I don't think you could get away with values like that, I imagine the value would need to be more realistic

Watford and Udinese who have the same owners do it occassionally, recently Watford bought a player from Udinese for £8m and then sold a player to them for £2m, and they also loan players to Udinese with a loan fee attached, so basically just an easy way of moving money between the 2 clubs

There are definitely ways we can move money around between the 2 clubs if we needed, the whole Hirst thing is an example of this as it ended up being a way of getting him cheap but also being able to give a transfer fee to Leuven

9 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

📢 There #Fiorentina asked the #LCFC another loan season for Rachid Ghezzal. The details on @TuttoMercatoWeb

Guess that wouldn't be an issue should there be a decent loan fee or obligation to buy along with them paying his wages.

Dodgy maths incoming.

If Rachid is on £45k a week, a loan for a season is £2.34m in wages. Last season they reportedly paid £270k in a loan fee, so that makes at most £3m for us if Fiorentina pay all of his wages (possibly unlikely).

If we did the same next summer we'd 'make' £6m from his final two seasons here. We could also sell him next summer but you're unlikely to get more than £3m for the player - add that to his foregone wages and you've probably saved/made £9m at the very most.

Alternatively, we sell him this summer, clear his £4.6m wages for the two seasons, and take a fee of at least £4.5m. That generates more money for the club and also ensures we don't have to look for a buyer or team to loan to next summer, when he could have had a crap season there.

The agreed option to buy was roughly £9m, and TMW report we'd rather do the permanent deal than have another loan. £5m would be a decent deal for us.

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Dodgy maths incoming.

If Rachid is on £45k a week, a loan for a season is £2.34m in wages. Last season they reportedly paid £270k in a loan fee, so that makes at most £3m for us if Fiorentina pay all of his wages (possibly unlikely).

If we did the same next summer we'd 'make' £6m from his final two seasons here. We could also sell him next summer but you're unlikely to get more than £3m for the player - add that to his foregone wages and you've probably saved/made £9m at the very most.

Alternatively, we sell him this summer, clear his £4.6m wages for the two seasons, and take a fee of at least £4.5m. That generates more money for the club and also ensures we don't have to look for a buyer or team to loan to next summer, when he could have had a crap season there.

The agreed option to buy was roughly £9m, and TMW report we'd rather do the permanent deal than have another loan. £5m would be a decent deal for us.

A Fiver would be a good deal for us. The Italian rascals no there will be no queue for this transaction.  Probably better to look at the saved wages as opposed to a receiving a fee of any magnitude 

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Dodgy maths incoming.

When you say it like that I’m thinking how much does a hitman cost.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Dodgy maths incoming.

Someone still has to want to buy him, and match our wages.

I suggest that's unlikely with the current set of the football world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/08/2020 at 10:11, pmcla26 said:

Ghezzal is no where near Pérez let’s not make silly comments. 

Strangely enough, not unlike Perez, I thought Ghezzal was better played down the middle, which is where he's supposedly having some success now at Fiorentina. Personally, I'd rather play Ghezzal than the hapless Perez though I recognise that would be perhaps an unpopular view.

• Haha 1