Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Ghezzal

We won't need Ghezzal if we don't strengthen.  I am not the highest Perez fan (yet, hopefully) but the suggestion that Ghezzal offers more is mind boggling.

I had my doubts about him before he gifted Cardiff three points with lightweight, naive play before looking too distraught to track back.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I do kind of understand why we went for him in a way, but not going balls deep into a £12m deal. He fitted the profile of what we needed somewhat (apparently Patrick Roberts was the main target, but we lost out on him before he ended up going Girona and having an awful spell). A loan with option would’ve been the best way to go in hindsight, but Puel clearly felt he could translate the promise he showed at Lyon to the Premier League. 

He did show some effectiveness in one season there, but was absolutely useless at Monaco. I don’t think Puel realised how important speed is for wingers in the Premier League, and ultimately that’s why Ghezzal was ineffective. Not a terrible footballer, but just completely ineffective in a high paced league. 

He's just not a winger tbh, similar to perez

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

Frank Trimboli, the agent who brokered the initial loan deal between City and Fiorentina, has reportedly been seen in Florence in the last few hours.

Hopefully means a deal for Ghezzal is on the cards fairly soon.

This is Florence 

A20F561F-A3D6-4862-8CA3-1D7D9D25789D.jpeg.6d4fb9484e227e18bafeaea7d1e14a1f.jpeg

17 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I do kind of understand why we went for him in a way, but not going balls deep into a £12m deal. He fitted the profile of what we needed somewhat (apparently Patrick Roberts was the main target, but we lost out on him before he ended up going Girona and having an awful spell). A loan with option would’ve been the best way to go in hindsight, but Puel clearly felt he could translate the promise he showed at Lyon to the Premier League. 

He did show some effectiveness in one season there, but was absolutely useless at Monaco. I don’t think Puel realised how important speed is for wingers in the Premier League, and ultimately that’s why Ghezzal was ineffective. Not a terrible footballer, but just completely ineffective in a high paced league. 

...I suspect priced out of it by Man. City as originally was to be the make weight for the Mahrez deal!!!

His subsequent move to Girona has proved to be a disaster as know doubt he believed he was on his way to us in a stand alone deal which did not materialise, I suspect down to price.

His style of play was very much like Mahrez and the belief was that he was not far from making the National team. He played for Rodgers at Celtic and you would have thought he could be an option in the Right Wing position with little funds required in order to elevate the team.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suspect priced out of it by Man. City as originally was to be the make weight for the Mahrez deal!!!

His subsequent move to Girona has proved to be a disaster as know doubt he believed he was on his way to us in a stand alone deal which did not materialise, I suspect down to price.

His style of play was very much like Mahrez and the belief was that he was not far from making the National team. He played for Rodgers at Celtic and you would have thought he could be an option in the Right Wing position with little funds required in order to elevate the team.

Roberts has a real dodgy injury record since 18/19

27 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve just noticed he’s no longer listed as a player on the first team squad. Ben Chilwell has been taken down as well. 

Next one out of the door? 

The way he drifts in and out of games he will probably be listed again in a few hours .......and then not ........

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The way he drifts in and out of games he will probably be listed again in a few hours .......and then not ........

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’ve just noticed he’s no longer listed as a player on the first team squad. Ben Chilwell has been taken down as well. 

Next one out of the door? 

Can you see Kingy on there.. or is he... invisible ;)lol 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I think LCFC is finally realising and starting to get rid of the dross and deadwood. A tough season ahead! #transition

It's not like we haven't been trying to shift the deadwood. It's just difficult when you're paying them way more than anyone else can or wants to.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

For @UHDrive

Not good news though.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-player-limbo-transfer-opportunity-snatched-away/

Rachid Ghezzal finds himself in a difficult situation.

Not in Brendan Rodgers’ plans at Leicester City, he spent last season on loan with Fiorentina. He had a mixed time with the Tuscany club but they were willing to take him back for the new campaign, so long as a good deal could be found with the Foxes.

Fiorentina were keen on another loan and has asked Leicester about this possibility. They didn’t get the reply they wanted quickly enough, with the Premier League club probably concerned about loaning out a player whose contract expires in June 2022.

Not wanting to wait any longer to secure an extra attacking option, the Serie A club have now signed Giacomo Bonaventura from AC Milan on a permanent deal.

TMW report that following this, Fiorentina have completely dismissed the idea of signing Ghezzal.

His agents will now need to look for other options, with it pretty clear he’s not going to be given many opportunities at Leicester.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, davieG said:

For @UHDrive

Not good news though.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-city-player-limbo-transfer-opportunity-snatched-away/

Not in Brendan Rodgers’ plans at Leicester City, he spent last season on loan with Fiorentina. He had a mixed time with the Tuscany club but they were willing to take him back for the new campaign, so long as a good deal could be found with the Foxes.

Fiorentina were keen on another loan and has asked Leicester about this possibility. They didn’t get the reply they wanted quickly enough, with the Premier League club probably concerned about loaning out a player whose contract expires in June 2022.

Not wanting to wait any longer to secure an extra attacking option, the Serie A club have now signed Giacomo Bonaventura from AC Milan on a permanent deal.

TMW report that following this, Fiorentina have completely dismissed the idea of signing Ghezzal.

His agents will now need to look for other options, with it pretty clear he’s not going to be given many opportunities at Leicester.

any

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

For @UHDrive

Not good news though.

Puel will give him a home...