Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

24 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think some people need to move on.

Some legends are best left in the past, bit like people wanting O'Neill back in the past. 

Yeah but O'Neil was largely shit after leaving us and also seemed to hate the club because he got booed once by our fans. It never made any sense for him to return.

Whereas Pearson is Mr Leicester and a hell of a much better manager than the current one. We need his approach as a fan base. We're not the sort of fan base that take kindly to soundbites and bulls hit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I won't weigh in on whether or not he'd be a good appointment but I do wonder if he'd actually be all that interested in a Premier League job. He openly hates the circus that is modern football and the Premier League is the biggest and most intensely scrutinised circus of them all. I can't see someone who by his own admission wasn't/isn't a million miles away from packing it in being too excited about the prospect of greater media attention and VAR, especially when his work at Bristol City finally seems to be bearing fruit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah but O'Neil was largely shit after leaving us and also seemed to hate the club because he got booed once by our fans. It never made any sense for him to return.

Whereas Pearson is Mr Leicester and a hell of a much better manager than the current one. We need his approach as a fan base. We're not the sort of fan base that take kindly to soundbites and bulls hit. 

I love Nige as much as the next man but why you disrespecting O’Neill. Won a lot with Celtic but more importantly took them to the Europa League final and only lost out to a great Porto side. Also took Villa from mediocre to top 6 challengers, which they haven’t been anywhere near since. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Dychy is the man! Pearson hated him because he is just like him

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I love Nige as much as the next man but why you disrespecting O’Neill. Won a lot with Celtic but more importantly took them to the Europa League final and only lost out to a great Porto side. Also took Villa from mediocre to top 6 challengers, which they haven’t been anywhere near since. 

Yeah sorry I guess its the black and white nature of modern life but I didn't mean to disrespect MON. Maybe some recency bias on my part. Feels like he's been a busted flush for years but of course as a Leicester fan how can you not appreciate the man as a manager. Although would say the same for some of the absolute weapons in our fan base who seem to love to hate Nige. 

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Pearson has his first handful of wins as a manager in 8 years, and people want him back. Finished 17th last season with Bristol.

Lets be honest, he has been pretty awful everywhere he's gone for the last 8 years. He was also pretty awful with us for most of the 14/15 season. 

Did a great job for us prior to that, but I just don't see him being a success here again. Hope he does well at Bristol, but I don't see him taking them back up. 

He has an average win percentage of 29% over 4 clubs since leaving us... 

Although I can see your point to some degree, it's embarrassing that any Leicester fan doesn't rate Pearson. Especially now we have a total clown in charge. 

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Going to be a bitter pill for a lot on here when we're in a lower league than Nige next season! 

I don't think we will go up this season. But I am pretty sure that we have got the man to get us there.

We have been waiting over forty years. So hands off. 😊