Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

2 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

15👍🏻 For this😂

Please explain? Genuinely someone please. I know this is a bit of a ‘tongue in cheek’ thread but I haven't got a clue what it means. 

You're on the wrong forum chap. 

Here's the one you need

https://www.coyrforestforum.co.uk/

Ta-ra!! 

• Like 1

I love Pearson for what he did for our club but I think we have moved on and are both in very different places now. 

as much as I love what he achieved with us, I wouldn’t want him to come back and tarnish his legacy.  However It would be incredible given our current circumstances if we could bring in a Manager with a similar philosophy and approach, a Manager with an appetite and desire to build a club from bottom up on good foundations, with a focus on sustainable recruitment, maximising our academy, innovative sports science and training regimes.

The infrastructure is in place for this type of manager to come into the club and build a legacy, let’s hope the powers at be are busy identifying Pearson Mk2 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I love Pearson for what he did for our club but I think we have moved on and are both in very different places now. 

Agreed.

He was definitely the man for us at that time and place. The club will be forever grateful for what he achieved, not just on the pitch but the team that was assembled off the pitch to run the team. 

And what a character! Could be a total pain in the arse, an awkward and principaled man but funny and self-aware. He could be like an episode of Fawlty Towers, a delightful mix of cringe and humour.

• Like 3

I'd get him in now as DoF.

Let him sort this whole shite show out.

Bin Rodgers and his crew. Bring in a coach and let the club appoint the rest of the backroom staff.

Then we don't have major upheaval when the next man goes.

The deadwood list may change with a new man, and hopefully play a flowing game of interesting football.

Anything is better than this borefest.

17 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

15👍🏻 For this😂

Please explain? Genuinely someone please. I know this is a bit of a ‘tongue in cheek’ thread but I haven't got a clue what it means. 

Look at where we were before he came and look at what he left us with.

He's the greatest manager we've ever had.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

He’s still got it. Never really given another chance to build something, always been so immediate.

Would love him back not because he would turn it round immediately; but because I trust him implicitly to build in a sustainable and exciting way. He never worried about self preservation, or put his immediate reputation in front of the club. 

Weird how he us reputation as a shock jock when his best managerial features were always more long term. 

Would love to see him weed out our rotten eggs atm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionator said:

Yeah I love him but I’d actually love to see him further his reputation at Bristol City, a likeable club, rather than risk it back here.

I'm inclined to agree and he seems to have got BC in a good place now, but I can't help thinking he'd be a great DOF, getting our systems & processes properly sorted again.)

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

he actually might be the right person to save us but the wrong one to take us forward…

He managed to help us move forward from league 1 to the prem and look at the state we are in now recruitment wise, fitness wise etc granted it wasn't just his work but I bet he a large say in things, he would sort the club right out and have us playing like a proper team again with some kind of indentity at the very least.

• Like 1