Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

19 minutes ago, Shane said:

Love this recent pre-match interview with Nigel, especially from 18:40 onwards.

‘Don’t collect players’.

’Not interested in last minute.com. We’ve had all summer and so has everybody else. Deadline day is a gimmick that has been blown out of proportion by tv. Really its a nonsense.’

‘If a bid comes in for our player we think is right to take, the later it goes on the less chance we have to do business ourselves. So it stands to reason it’s not good business to sell a player late on. Because it weakens us massively. I’m not getting any old player in here to make the numbers up. What’s the point?’

Legend :pearson:

What a legend. Bring back the Holy Trinity. They can keep us up and build from there. We've done it before.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Shane said:

Love this recent pre-match interview with Nigel, especially from 18:40 onwards.

‘Don’t collect players’.

’Not interested in last minute.com. We’ve had all summer and so has everybody else. Deadline day is a gimmick that has been blown out of proportion by tv. Really its a nonsense.’

‘If a bid comes in for our player we think is right to take, the later it goes on the less chance we have to do business ourselves. So it stands to reason it’s not good business to sell a player late on. Because it weakens us massively. I’m not getting any old player in here to make the numbers up. What’s the point?’

Legend :pearson:

The man actually said "lastminute.com" in a press conference. This is our England.

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, monsgon said:

I prefer 5 minutes of Pearson to 5 hours of Brendan.

Can't turn back the clock but I still remember Pearson's face when he returned and Stringer had to welcome hime back - priceless.

I prefer 5 minutes of Pearson than 5 minutes of any manager that has come after him.

On 18/08/2022 at 10:14, Unabomber said:

Some of the best football we have played was in the championship with James, Drinkwater, Knockaert, Mahrez, Dyer, Nuge and Vardy tearing it up.

James you say?  Don't forget King.  And now ...

598498400_Bamba4Bristol.JPG.bf791b9d2178225707c6e9dfceabfa18.JPG

I'm told other veterans have been spotted at the Robins High Performance Centre as well

1204255239_GTFtoday.JPG.dd81f4cacebe3fdad3d1aeb2035b6d49.JPG     355698530_Logantoday.JPG.788439a96b4a9dfa5d9858c6d5601fe6.JPG

It was scandalous to get rid of him the first time, let alone the 2nd time (although the reasons were slightly more understandable) but I think a 3rd return - without Shakespeare & co - would be similar to getting O'Neill back without Robertson and Walford. There's a dynamic there that just makes the whole setup tick over. I'd hate for him to come back, we end up in the bottom 3 and he's made the fall guy.

That said, he'd have my total backing far more than any other manager, you can't not respect him for turning our failing club round from complete shambles to Prem-ready in 3 short seasons.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lcfcdamo said:

This man never came to our football club we never get in the prem and most definitely never win the league hes the biggest part of our most successful period ever 

15👍🏻 For this😂

Please explain? Genuinely someone please. I know this is a bit of a ‘tongue in cheek’ thread but I haven't got a clue what it means. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Under Nige we pretty much had our transfer business wrapped up in the first couple of weeks of the window with some later additions if the right person was available. A sign of a well run machine.

So much so that he signed players he never even met because he'd left before they joined up with club, Ranieri reaped the rewards and the rest is literally history. :worship: 

• Like 3