Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love Pearson, unequivocally my favourite ever City manager, *but* the never got battered in 14/15 thing is such a myth because we never clocked any embarrassing scorelines. There were plenty of games we lost by 2 which were flattering to us when we were absolute garbage and never looked remotely interested. Palace away, Swansea away, Saints away, West Ham away were ****ing hideous. Absolutely nobody watched those and thought "we were in that lads."

But the bloke had credit in the bank for what he'd built and the fact he wasn't a little weasel like the current manager.

it's an empirical fact we never got battered like it's an empirical fact Nigel Pearson won the Premier League and it's an empirical fact he's my dad.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Superjack said:

So...

We have now got 1 point out of the last twelve and this thread (before I am now bumping it) is on the third page.

Major mitigating circumstances for our points total in the last four games, and most of us still love our manager.

Just a question. Has the appetite for a Pearson return faded?

The fact that he has turned Andy King into a sweeper is enough for me to get Nige back and give him the job for life.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love Pearson, unequivocally my favourite ever City manager, *but* the never got battered in 14/15 thing is such a myth because we never clocked any embarrassing scorelines. There were plenty of games we lost by 2 which were flattering to us when we were absolute garbage and never looked remotely interested. Palace away, Swansea away, Saints away, West Ham away were ****ing hideous. Absolutely nobody watched those and thought "we were in that lads."

But the bloke had credit in the bank for what he'd built and the fact he wasn't a little weasel like the current manager.

That Swansea game was absolutely horrific 🤢

Much like the one the season after we won the league. 

6 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Have you guys got a lot of injuries currently? Saw King starting and then having to play cb the other night!

Kalas has been out long term, Klose also out and Naismith went off injured. I think Pearson wanted an old head at the back and a communicator. King is a player coach.

18 hours ago, Superjack said:

So...

We have now got 1 point out of the last twelve and this thread (before I am now bumping it) is on the third page.

Major mitigating circumstances for our points total in the last four games, and most of us still love our manager.

Just a question. Has the appetite for a Pearson return faded?

If proudly cum in my pants if NP's return was announced. 

He is everything we need right now, January isn't far away... I'd love 3 or 4 of his signings to push the club forward. 

He always left the club in a much better way then when he arrived.  ❤️🦊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

If proudly cum in my pants if NP's return was announced. 

He is everything we need right now, January isn't far away... I'd love 3 or 4 of his signings to push the club forward. 

He always left the club in a much better way then when he arrived.  ❤️🦊

Why would we need a Championship manager to take over our Premier League squad? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxsake said:

He will always be my favourite. The once and future King. I can't describe how excited I would be for NP Part Three.

Given some of the outright weird and obsessive posts on this thread, that's probably for the best. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Given some of the outright weird and obsessive posts on this thread, that's probably for the best.

I almost made another reference to Arthurian Legend, specifically Camelot but figured it might be open to suggestive innuendo.

Edited by foxsake
Illiteracy

I love Pearson and I actively want Rodgers gone but anyone that thinks the answer to our problems is re-hiring Pearson must need their heads testing! He's a decent championship manager at best, so if we do get relegated then I wouldn't be against him coming back, but right now I'd rather we sack Rodgers and bring someone in that gives us the best chance of avoiding relegation. Regardless of the shite Rodgers spouts, our squad is still better than at least 6 or 7 teams in this league and a half decent manager at this level would easily get a tune out of this group of players. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 2