Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Weren't the away losses to someone like Burnley, QPR and Norwich to be fair? haha

Norwich, Burnley and Birmingham.

Norwich - Didn't turn up for twenty minutes and shipped two. Then outplayed them for the rest of the game. Should have won.

Burnley - Didn't play particularly badly, but they were just too good for us to be fair.

Birmingham - Absolute stinker.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Norwich, Burnley and Birmingham.

Norwich - Didn't turn up for twenty minutes and shipped two. Then outplayed them for the rest of the game. Should have won.

Burnley - Didn't play particularly badly, but they were just too good for us to be fair.

Birmingham - Absolute stinker.

Oh yeah, I remember the interview post Birmingham lol 

God I miss that honesty and interviews. Sometimes I would disagree with his assessments or points of view. Overall though, he was incredibly honest and funny, while sticking to principles that served him and the people he worked with well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Very good read. Good article. Paints him in the light we all know of him, sure if given another few seasons he'll get them up. 

Not sure he seems to have struggle everywhere but here.

Alway thought he would be an amazing DOF

Edited by coolhandfox

So people ask me, ‘Why don’t you use the loan system?’ or they say, ‘He doesn’t like the loan system.’

“I do like the loan system but if you have a group of players who are actually your own players and that group is not strong enough, bringing a loan player in, they will be eaten alive. The culture has to be strong enough to allow people to come in from the outside.

“I couldn’t honestly trust our culture. It had to be strong enough.

“But I could do it now.”
“You need a couple who are – not wrong uns – but highly strung ones. You need mavericks.” An Anthony Knockaert? A Riyad Mahrez? “A Jamie Vardy,” he adds. “Otherwise, it is boring.”

great read

• Like 2

Great article- I want to work for Nigel from reading that.   I imagine some top football staff talents may be reading and thinking the same.   That or it is just driven my man-love for Nigel 😂

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Great article- I want to work for Nigel from reading that.   I imagine some top football staff talents may be reading and thinking the same.   That or it is just driven my man-love for Nigel 😂

I've always thought he'd be the sort of personality that would motivate me. I know a lot of players say it about their manager but I remember so many or our players in the championship saying they'd run through brick walls for him

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Bearing in mind that about 99% of Sky Sports is vacuous shite, that's a really good, honest and candid article. You can also see that it is playing out generally around the club.

Just hope Lansdown lets this play out fully, which to be honest I think he might.

His loyalty has often been criticised but might actually be a benefit in this case.

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Bit of a stumble tonight for Pearson at home to Sheff Utd.

He’ll be calling someone an ostrich again before too long.

It was a bog-standard Championship game, in the rain, with a poor referee.  Bristol City certainly controlled it and created more chances.  But their attacking was disjointed, and the finishing devoid of quality.  SHU’s winner was off a perfect headed assist from a Bristol defender. 

This project has some ways to go.