Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2022 at 07:59, Mr Weller 2 said:

In that case why don’t they also idolise O Neil, Little, Milne, Bloomfield and all the others that won promotion 

Just to add to the ..........., Bloomfield never won promotion with Leicester

9 hours ago, stourbridgefox said:

There was a time when both Pearson and O'Neill were vilified by Leicester fans. 

Now, in hindsight, they are both legends.

I wonder how we will judge Rodgers with the benefit of hindsight?

Can’t remember the fans vilifying Nige. Maybe the odd one (Nige told him to FOAD) but nothing like the Rodgers situation. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stourbridgefox said:

My guess is, he'll be judged differently by outsiders, compared to current supporters and their children.  At any point would you have seen a home crowd full of "Don't Go Brendan" signs?

Objectively it will depend on his achievements and the state he leaves the club in.  If he left today there might be some kind of balance.  If he is allowed to take us down, he'll be seen as a failure.

If someone else keeps us up, but our more talented players keep crowding the exits, he'll have a shining achievement (FA Cup) and a couple seasons in Europe to balance against heavy damage to the playing side.

There's been mismanagement above him, but hindsight attaches most things to the manager.  Fairly in his case, since he was given power in both recruitment and medicine,

• Like 1

On 29/09/2022 at 16:34, stourbridgefox said:

Like a wet fart in white shorts.

So...

We have now got 1 point out of the last twelve and this thread (before I am now bumping it) is on the third page.

Major mitigating circumstances for our points total in the last four games, and most of us still love our manager.

Just a question. Has the appetite for a Pearson return faded?

• Haha 1