Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Sentimental tosh. O Neil was a highly intelligent and hugely successful manager  who kept us successful in the Premier for many years, something Pearson was totally incapable of doing 

What are you talking about abaolute nutcase. He kept us up and then signed the best tbox to box midfielder in the world.

What a pathetic bitter little man. This has to be Brendans account.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Harsh. Pearson is reasonably tall.

Genuine question. Why do you seem to dislike one of our best ever managers and seen incapable of giving him credit? People think those that love him are weird, but the opinions of the likes of you and that seenitall are extremely bizarre. Unless you’re just trying to wind people up?

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Seen a few ex players say that despite his demeanour, Nige is a very sensitive bloke. 

There’s a couple of stories where fans couldn’t understand why certain players weren’t playing. One of those was Knockaert whom Nige gave pretty much indefinite leave cos his Dad was poorly. 

10 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Sentimental tosh. O Neil was a highly intelligent and hugely successful manager  who kept us successful in the Premier for many years, something Pearson was totally incapable of doing 

O neill was decent manager that's true but he admitted himself that he couldn't Coach. He relied on Walford who was an excellent Coach for that purpose. And Robertson was the brains behind the scenes. He scouted a lot of the players we signed and O Neill relied on him totally.

He was also the buffer between the manager and the players. A excellent servant to the Club who never got quite the accolades he deserved. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Rubbish, Pearson never got the chance to keep us in the premiership and was sacked in his second Premiership season for non football reasons.

What's more he looked to the future and left us with a group of players worth a lot of money which we know went onto win the league.

I'm not knocking O'Neill he won us a Trophy, and he kept us competitive in the league.

But when it comes to who done most for the club there's no comparison.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

MON got us promoted, made us a stable PL club and won 2 League Cups. Without him we don't get the new stadium. He is the equal of NP in terms of importance imho.

Yeah agreed on that. 

Where the two differ is tho and people don’t like hearing is that MON was a devil when it came to what he wanted (always arguing with the board etc). Under his say we’d begun giving out big wages for players rather than being stern. Which eventually led to a very big problem. Feels some similarity there to our current position 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yes he is.

Really infuriates me that people start comparing O'Neill with Pearson. Both legends and hugely successful with us. Both built this club.

Absolute legends, both of them. 

Exactly. So weird that some people think it’s got to be one or the other? I suppose that’s the internet though right? Gotta choose a side? Both absolute legends. O’Neill won more silverware but Pearson arguably set us up for the greatest achieve in the history of football. Both, for me, equally as important as each other. Love both of them, my two favourite managers. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

The comparison game is so pointless. Different managers, at different times, with the club in a different sort of place, and with different sort of backing. Both were awesome for us and deserve equal respect and praise for what they did in their time here.

As for the here and now, would I have Nige back. Yes. If you have ever listened to him discussing football, coaching, etc there is a lot more to Nige than people ever give him credit for, he is a proper football man through and through. He does have unfinished business here and so would be supremely motivated. I have no doubt he would get us back on track.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JamesWelshFox said:

The comparison game is so pointless. Different managers, at different times, with the club in a different sort of place, and with different sort of backing. Both were awesome for us and deserve equal respect and praise for what they did in their time here.

As for the here and now, would I have Nige back. Yes. If you have ever listened to him discussing football, coaching, etc there is a lot more to Nige than people ever give him credit for, he is a proper football man through and through. He does have unfinished business here and so would be supremely motivated. I have no doubt he would get us back on track.

He has unfinished business where he is.