Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jeffschlupp

Ozan Kabak

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Agree, but he often appears to be covering for others and that would indicate an even better defender.

Hmmm.  I'm not saying he's not a good player, I don't know him and he seems to be highly rated.  All that sliding around on the deck worries me a bit though.  Seems a little reckless but I'm sure that bustling style would make him a fan favourite.  I'm not sold on those clips though.

Is he any good in the air?   Didn't see much evidence of that.

Just now, murphy said:

Hmmm.  I'm not saying he's not a good player, I don't know him and he seems to be highly rated.  All that sliding around on the deck worries me a bit though. Seems a little reckless but I'm sure that bustling style would make him a fan favourite.  I'm not sold on those clips though.

Is he any good in the air?   Didn't see much evidence of that.

Again, agree. But he’s 20, so hopefully he becomes more circumspect with it.

Some other comments here assert that he’s good in the air, and there was a headed goal in there - already an improvement on our lot (perhaps bar Evans) this past season, but I personally have no independent knowledge of his abilities other than the posted (highlights, it bears emphasizing) YT clip.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, murphy said:

Does he?

Seems to me a lot of last ditch sliding tackles.  Good defenders don't often need to do that.

It's a highlights real of under 5 minutes, which wouldn't prove much of a highlight real if it was clips of the guy standing with his hand up appealing for offsides for a lot of it. 

And it's impossible to judge whether he's rash or not for that video, because of course each of the tackles shown, he wins the ball. It gives no impression of whether he does that regularly and concedes fouls, or whether he's selective in when he goes to ground. 

That said, 4 yellow cards and no reds across 26 matches suggests a decent disciplinary record for a defender and stats of 1.4 tackles per game (the same figure as interceptions) suggest a measured approach to defending? 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/356743/Show/Ozan-Kabak 

(Edit: must admit, I'm not sure how reliable the 'per game stats' are here, for the figures seem stupidly low)

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This lad is supposed to be very good. Get Demiral as well and let's build the wall.

That's not a wall that's a fortress.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Compared with Cags, it looks like he is pretty comfortable defensively but needs to work on his ball playing abilities (Cags is black outlines, Kabak is colours)

image.thumb.png.0065a90e2e9793dcb7947734e5d9310b.png

Could make quite a good partnership (or trio with Evans as well). Kabak winning the ball back and passing to Cags to distribute forwards when needed. No need for every CB to be good at everything - get a mix who complement each other and cover their own weaknesses.

Him and McKennie only good things to come out of Schalke last season... maybe the keeper as well (in the end) but he was off to Bayern anyway. 
Can’t remember who they played against but watched him a game after season commenced and he was awesome. 

7 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Him and McKennie only good things to come out of Schalke last season... maybe the keeper as well (in the end) but he was off to Bayern anyway. 
Can’t remember who they played against but watched him a game after season commenced and he was awesome. 

Well if these pages are to believed, we must have had a good look at both of these players, alongside the Barcelona loanee they had last season, because all 3 are named threads.

3 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

And we do love a Zed

Franz Carr
Dabizas
ghezzal
Zeljcko kalac
Zsolt Laczko
Hernandez
Mahrez
Okazaki
Zagorakis
Ron Robert Zeiler
Ayoze Perez
Muzzy Izzet

Have I missed any?

Gary Megzon

Dave Bazzet

😎

Edited by Sydney_Blue

4 hours ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

And we do love a Zed

Franz Carr
Dabizas
ghezzal
Zeljcko kalac
Zsolt Laczko
Hernandez
Mahrez
Okazaki
Zagorakis
Ron Robert Zeiler
Ayoze Perez
Muzzy Izzet

Have I missed any?

Claude Puel he gave us all plenty of 💤 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

They paid 15m for him a year ago - are they likely to sell?

I think Schalke and a few other Bundesliga clubs are in a sticky spot financially so they may well be looking to bring some money in. Kabak and McKennie would be the two obvious assets they could get good money in the door quickly for.

Well done on picking up this link. Ties in with something else I was told which was a bit cryptic about our links to Demiral. If this is the correct link then it’s a player they’ve been looking at a while and I’d think this might get done. His current club do need to shift some players. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Well done on picking up this link. Ties in with something else I was told which was a bit cryptic about our links to Demiral. If this is the correct link then it’s a player they’ve been looking at a while and I’d think this might get done. His current club do need to shift some players. 

Tease! Lol

48 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Have never heard about the player but that’s 3 Shalke players we’ve been linked with now. They were absolutely dreadful second half of last season. 

Most of the players are getting on or not good enough... plus they were playing David Wagners boring football.

But McKennie (when back from injury) and Kabak were playing well... Well, good enough to keep them away from relegation playoff anyway

12 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The correct way to play!

Ya can't beat a squad full of regens...  I mean that literally - everytime I got to that stage we won everything :P 

EDIT: My last FM playthrough was with York city IIRC - I haven't played it much for a while, though, since FPL is scratching my itch for now...

Edited by PhillippaT