Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VLC86

Dennis Praet

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

We ended up with a team of half untried players at this level and floundered.

I don't think we have the money to buy another midfielder and if we want some money it could be a good way of creating revenue if we want a Winger or defender 

Edited by Fightforever

4 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

I don't think we have the money to buy another midfielder and if we want some money it could be a good way of creating revenue if we want a Winger or defender 

what about the unspent £80 million for Harry and the £50 on the way for Chilly

Wheres the money?

10 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Wheres the money?

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't covid , ****ing up UCL plus the training ground shat on our finances a little

Edited by Fightforever

Praet needs a consistent run in the team to show his quality, strangely Rodgers does not seem to rate him and on more than one occasion got subbed when he was playing very well.

He would be a starter for me, one of the few midfielders we have who can get up to support our frontline or even get beyond them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Thats a bit of an exaggeration. They were all good enough for this level we are a mid table club that had a decent season.

Our back 4 had Ryan Bennett, Luke Thomas and James Justin in. 

Mid table, with our squad? I don’t agree.

• Like 2

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Our back 4 had Ryan Bennett, Luke Thomas and James Justin in. 

Mid table, with our squad? I don’t agree.

Ok top half but I think our bench is far too weak for anything more than 7th Justins alright I can agree on the other two tho

17 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Wheres the money?

We spent Maguire's fee on Tielemans, Perez, Justin & Praet.

I imagine we'll be spending Chilwell's during this window.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We’ve literally just taken a loan out to

offset against future earnings so that we can get a cash injection into the club. I genuinely don’t understand how people can naively think that the football club is immune to the financial shit that the world economy is in right now.

It is becoming more apparent that we don’t have millions to just splurge and I thought that would be pretty obvious to most by now, we haven’t made a signing before selling Chilwell and we’ve spent money consolidating by keeping our most creative player happy as his best mates just swanned off to London for circa £200k a week, we’ve just given the managers favourite player (Vardy) an extension for 2 years and tied a left back prospect, who most rate higher than Chilly at the same age down to a multi-year deal. 

We will spend money now but we have to be realistic with expectations as a fan base. 

I do think it's a bit premature to make assumptions on the clubs finances at the stage. I think things will become clearer in the next couple of weeks but for now it is a bit hard to tell. The lack of signings is strange but there are loads of reasons for that not just that we have no money. Anything about how much money we have to spend on transfers right now is just speculation to be honest.

Also the loan set against tv revenues is very normal, I wouldn't read anything into that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Unless we really strengthen I fear this could be a relegation battle this season

I don’t think it will be that bad. With everyone fit and firing it should be at worst 8th/9th.

• Like 1