Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VLC86

Dennis Praet

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sure. But we're very quick to sack and sell, not so clever with knowing who we can attract and sign affordably. 

let’s be honest, how many of us would have chosen pereira, huth, Vardy, Kante, Mahrez  for our team before signing them? Not many would have even heard of Kante and Mahrez..

59 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'd cash in on Praet and Perez if anyone seriously wants them. Passive players.

56 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well I disagree in the latter, but who exactly are you wanting in? We already need new blood, we'd need more in your scenario. 

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sure. What's your point? :) 

point is very simple ...  you can’t expect a fan to know exactly who we should buy and who the  club have scouted  and have deemed good enough. That and thinking someone isn’t a good fit are two separate  things.

With a busy season ahead the last thing we need is the departure of fringe players.

With Dennis I feel that he never really gets a chance to show us what he can do as mentioned always subbed or never picked.

Must be so frustrating for the lad.

• Like 1

I have a feeling him and BR do not see eye to eye. Despite him having quite a few good games for us when coming on as sub, BR has never wanted to start him. Even the exchange with him during the drinks break (I think maybe against Bournemouth) was interesting. I do rate him however I think perhaps if he's not in BR plans then he will feel he's best to leave. I hope he doesn't! 

• Like 1

I just don’t see what he offers the team. Tidy player, looks after the ball but passive. He’s not great at anything and is mainly a water carrier as far as I’ve seen. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

I just don’t see what he offers the team. Tidy player, looks after the ball but passive. He’s not great at anything and is mainly a water carrier as far as I’ve seen. 

Everyone needs water. :thumbup:

He is a grafter with some skills.

I like him.

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

I agree. Not a terrible player but when we signed him BR said he was the type of player to unlock teams when they play with everyone behind the ball. Ive seen little evidence that he can do that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I have a feeling him and BR do not see eye to eye. Despite him having quite a few good games for us when coming on as sub, BR has never wanted to start him. Even the exchange with him during the drinks break (I think maybe against Bournemouth) was interesting. I do rate him however I think perhaps if he's not in BR plans then he will feel he's best to leave. I hope he doesn't! 

Never wanted to start him? He was first choice before lockdown, he's talked about him glowingly as well. Post lockdown saw a poor Praet and perhaps he isn't happy with being a squad player currently but he knew the risk when he joined. I would have thought he'd back himself to be stronger this 2nd season rather than want out already.

I think he's capable of being a very good player for us, but if someone wants to pay us what we paid for him or more and he wants to go then it wouldn't be the end of the world. Likewise Perez, as Mark says. I still think both are good squad players for us though and no worries they aren't good enough.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mark said:

I'd cash in on Praet and Perez if anyone seriously wants them. Passive players.

Personally I quite rate Praet but certainly agree regarding Perez. At best the latter is merely a squad player for when we're really desperate or the League Cup against lesser opposition. He'd probably even then allow himself to be bullied by non league defenders 🤣

Not been bowled over by him but clearly a good player that we've not managed to get the best out of. Wonder if he could play wide in our 433 like Silva/Foden do. Feels like he should have the vision and ability to.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Never wanted to start him? He was first choice before lockdown, he's talked about him glowingly as well. Post lockdown saw a poor Praet and perhaps he isn't happy with being a squad player currently but he knew the risk when he joined. I would have thought he'd back himself to be stronger this 2nd season rather than want out already.

I think he's capable of being a very good player for us, but if someone wants to pay us what we paid for him or more and he wants to go then it wouldn't be the end of the world. Likewise Perez, as Mark says. I still think both are good squad players for us though and no worries they aren't good enough.

100% agree with this. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Starting to agree re Praet, second half of the season was far from good enough.

I think it's a "trendy" opinion to think he's somehow our best player and Brendan is holding him back. Most of it is based on his pass against Brentford. 

I like him but at the moment he's not done enough to be starting imo. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

At times last season, he looked like our best midfielder. For whatever reason, Rodgers has Iheanacho syndrome with Praet.

Does not look like rodgers likes praet. He clearly wanted mcgregor but the club chose praet, wonder whether brendan wants to revisit that.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1