Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VLC86

Dennis Praet

He was inconsistent at best last season but i like him, and do think he adds to squad. With more games players like him are going to be crucial. We'd have to spend a fair wedge to replacement him so seems pointless. Unless he is desperate to leave of course.

We could promote KDH but that represents a risk I'm not sure we'll take. Praet is first change/replacement in centre midfield and may be even first choice given Tielemans inconsistencies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

People on here seen far more of him than me but I thought he looked a tidy enough player, not very dynamic but good on the ball and useful sort of player to have in the squad, strikes me as 6/7 out of 10 every week type.

That's exactly what he is.

Type of player you can rely on when you want to rest Tielemans or Maddison against the likes of Fulham in the Premier Legaue or Qarabag in the Europa.

Good depth if nothing spectacular.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gerard said:

Unpopular opinion but I'd take my money back on both if given the chance, not that they've been bad here at all. I just think neither improves us and I'd be happy to take the £47m and roll the dice again with other players.

We will never get that sort of money if we sold those two. I’d like them to be sold too but at a fair price but we’d never get back what we paid for them. 

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Having watched KDH in the Birmingham game, maybe losing Praet wouldn’t be such an issue after all. He’s really come on in the past 18 months KDH and he looks like he could be a very good player now. 

Agree but he’s still young this is what Rodgers was saying about not having enough experience in the squad last season to see it out for top 4 putting all the young ones in won’t do us any good at the minute. Bring them off the bench by all means but we need a few older heads in there.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sly said:

I just don’t see what he offers the team. Tidy player, looks after the ball but passive. He’s not great at anything and is mainly a water carrier as far as I’ve seen. 

..prior to coming hear, he was said to be better than Tielemanns!!!

He needs to attempt to stamp his authority on games. Perhaps that is what Brendan is trying to encourage to bring him out of his shell.

At times he looks a good player but mostly he comes across as average. Tough love might work but I suspect he is more of an arm around the shoulder type of player.

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Agree but he’s still young this is what Rodgers was saying about not having enough experience in the squad last season to see it out for top 4 putting all the young ones in won’t do us any good at the minute. Bring them off the bench by all means but we need a few older heads in there.

Praet does have a tendency to go missing in games, especially against physical opposition. Will be interesting to see if Brendan actually rates him or not. 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Exactly! The depth of the squad needs expanding not reducing. If KDH is showing signs he can have an impact in the first team then great, potentially saves us a fair whack on bringing another midfielder in that we probably can’t afford this summer. Selling a proven midfielder who would be an asset going forward and is getting called up more regularly for one of the strongest national teams in Europe since joining us would be unwise, let alone replacing him with a youth player who’s had a good outing in half a pre season friendly! We want KDH pushing and learning from players like Praet, not replacing them! It’s the same as being happy Chilwell is going because one of the youth team has had 3 decent appearances - he could be the next Chilwell or Alexander-Arnold young Thomas, but he could also become the next Mattock or Sheehan! I hope it’s the former, he certainly looks promising 🤞🏻

He needs a run. As Iheanacho and Gray do.

Soyuncu proves what being given a run can do - not having to look over your shoulder and/or look up at the sub number on 60 mins for the inevitable hook. Chilwell too was given a run by Puel at the end of Puels first seaso  despite several defensive mistakes

The only player Rodgers seems to make such allowances for is Perez, surprise surprise

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He needs a run. As Iheanacho and Gray do.

Soyuncu proves what being given a run can do - not having to look over your shoulder and/or look up at the sub number on 60 mins for the inevitable hook. Chilwell too was given a run by Puel at the end of Puels first seaso  despite several defensive mistakes

The only player Rodgers seems to make such allowances for is Perez, surprise surprise

Not really sure what you mean by that. Perez is pretty regularly brought off after 60-70 minutes. In terms of having a run in the team, Praet is competing with Maddison and Tielemans whereas Perez is competing with Albrighton and Gray - slightly different levels of quality there. Is the implication that, despite arriving in the same window, Perez is a "Rodgers player" and Praet isn't?

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Alex Crook also mentioned on Talksport Hamza likely to move to a championship club on loan. 

This is the Matty James effect again I’m telling you. Every manager we’ve had believes he is the backup CM we need.

Then he gets injured. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Hang on so that's Hamza and praet potentially out of the door too? 

Are we going to have enough players for a match day squad? 

I can only see this happening if players are coming in. 

Hamza need games to be honest, noes not going to improve sitting on the bench. 

Edited by coolhandfox

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

He’s our only proper box to box midfielder. We’d be daft 

We would be daft to sell but for a box to box his scoring record is non existent, even before he came to us.