Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VLC86

Dennis Praet

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

By that logic Gini Wijnaldum is a centre back.

I don't doubt the midfield 3 is Ndidi Tielemans and Maddison but you cannot play Mendy or Choudhury in the no.8 position against teams in the bottom half. We have no senior cover there if Praet goes.

Chill Winston I was joking 😂

I just reckon there loads of Preat type players knocking about. He’s basically a drink water type player, decent short passing but not amazing in the final third. If we sold Praet and signed a quality winger like Sarr from Watford that would most defiantly improve our first 11

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Chill Winston I was joking 😂

I just reckon there loads of Preat type players knocking about. He’s basically a drink water type player, decent short passing but not amazing in the final third. If we sold Praet and signed a quality winger like Sarr from Watford that would most defiantly improve our first 11

So you're going to sell Praet so we can buy a fifth winger for two positions when we then only have two midfielders for two positions?

I'm really glad you're not in charge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

So you're going to sell Praet so we can buy a fifth winger for two positions when we then only have two midfielders for two positions?

I'm really glad you're not in charge.

If we signed a quality winger in January and sold Preat we’d have finished top 4. Its so obvious that we need more creativity in the final 3rd.

Id keep Praet if he wants to stay but if he leaves we’ve got decent cover

17 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I had no problem with Maguire because I felt the fee was far too good to turn down. It properly felt like we ripped Man Utd off. With Chilwell I feel we sold cheap, with Praet Feel he's needed as with gray. It feels like we are doing a lot of selling not on good terms this window

Fair enough.  I'm not sure I rate Chilwell as highly as you do, I think he flatters to deceive.  I mean what is he really good at?  Defensively OK, nothing special.  Offensively, he seems to turn into cul-de-sacs.  He is good at progressing the ball up the flanks quickly but then seems to turn and pass backwards negating the yards he has just made up.  I think this is a good deal for us, if we spend that fee wisely we'll improve the team.

I think that there is more to the Praet situation than we know.  Perhaps a fall out with the manager or perhaps he wants more first team football.  He's a good player and I'd prefer to keep him but not irreplaceable.  If he leaves I think that it will be because the club wants it to happen.  No one is poaching him.

42 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

CM isn’t priority we have Ndidi, Youri backed by Mendy, Hamza, KDH, Tavares.

if we could get 20m for him and strengthen the wingers and left back I’d be quite happy, especially if Praet isn’t 100% happy 

But when we have 3 games in 7 days, we'll have to use our other options. A midfield 3 of Mendy, Hamza and KDH/Tavares is gonna get mullered.

If we sell Praet we'll then need a LB, a CB, at least one winger (ideally two) and another CM to replace Praet. We've only got 16 days until the PL starts.

Be nice if the supporters actually got behind the players and the club no matter how this turns out. Really enjoyed watching that friendly. Lots to be positive about.

Edited by SO1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But when we have 3 games in 7 days, we'll have to use our other options. A midfield 3 of Mendy, Hamza and KDH/Tavares is gonna get mullered.

If we sell Praet we'll then need a LB, a CB, at least one winger (ideally two) and another CM to replace Praet. We've only got 16 days until the PL starts.

What’s happening with Silva? I dunno I wasn’t the one who linked Praet with leaving. I’m just saying if we get 20m for a squad player and use that money to improve other areas it won’t be as bad as people think. People take about KDH and Tavares stepping up but winge like mad when a squad player is linked with leaving, I prefer compact squads, worked pretty well for Wolves 

Just now, dylanlegend said:

What’s happening with Silva? I dunno I wasn’t the one who linked Praet with leaving. I’m just saying if we get 20m for a squad player and use that money to improve other areas it won’t be as bad as people think. People take about KDH and Tavares stepping up but winge like mad when a squad player is linked with leaving, I prefer compact squads, worked pretty well for Wolves 

Not sure tbh, I think he'll be sold or loaned out, can't see him ever playing for us again.

I personally think with a small squad we'll get absolutely torn apart next season, we're gonna have 50 or so games in 8 months rather than the usual 45 or so in 9 months.

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

You make out like we have to sell to buy as though we're skint. We have money for a winger without selling an important player.

You may prefer compact squads but Rodgers doesn't, and it bit Wolves in the arse anyway because they all looked knackered by the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

If we signed a quality winger in January and sold Preat we’d have finished top 4. Its so obvious that we need more creativity in the final 3rd.

Id keep Praet if he wants to stay but if he leaves we’ve got decent cover

The two are hardly mutually exclusive.

We don't do big January business because it's not a value market. How many years do we have to be in the top flight before people get that message?

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

You make out like we have to sell to buy as though we're skint. We have money for a winger without selling an important player.

You may prefer compact squads but Rodgers doesn't, and it bit Wolves in the arse anyway because they all looked knackered by the end of the season.

The two are hardly mutually exclusive.

We don't do big January business because it's not a value market. How many years do we have to be in the top flight before people get that message?

Retrospectively it was a mistake though, a new player in the squad tends to lift others. We’ve done great business in January in recent years (Tielemens, Huth to name a few).

Like you’d said I’d prefer to keep Preat and sign players on top of that, but if he’s not happy at the club then Bonjour 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not sure tbh, I think he'll be sold or loaned out, can't see him ever playing for us again.

I personally think with a small squad we'll get absolutely torn apart next season, we're gonna have 50 or so games in 8 months rather than the usual 45 or so in 9 months.

Problem is we’ve got a pretty big squad it’s just full of deadwood with big contracts that are impossible to get off the wage bill

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

CM isn’t priority we have Ndidi, Youri backed by Mendy, Hamza, KDH, Tavares.

if we could get 20m for him and strengthen the wingers and left back I’d be quite happy, especially if Praet isn’t 100% happy 

Don't forget Matty James. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Retrospectively it was a mistake though, a new player in the squad tends to lift others. We’ve done great business in January in recent years (Tielemens, Huth to name a few).

Like you’d said I’d prefer to keep Preat and sign players on top of that, but if he’s not happy at the club then Bonjour 

Del Boy?

I should have read further down, this joke has already been cracked.

Edited by Spiritwalker