Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VLC86

Dennis Praet

Long term we can do better, sure, but as I mentioned in the Mendy thread there are far more pressing issues that need dealing with and we simply wont be able to fix all of them in one window without mimicking Chelsea and going silly with the spending. 

He's a solid player who you'd probably rank as a top-half PL midfielder, and given that he's the backup option for a side just above that chasing top-6 I think its a fair match. He perhaps doesn't fit our style perfectly, but to bring in a replacement who would and would hit the ground running would end up being one of our most expensive transfers, so there's no sense in pushing for a change this summer.

Keep him for now and look to move him on once other areas of the squad have been addressed. Who knows, by that stage someone like KDH may have made the step up and be able to offer what we're missing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Does not look like rodgers like praet. He clearly wanted mcgregor but the club chose praet, wonder whether brendan wants to revisit that.

It's obvious that he had a verbal near the end of the season on the sidelines for not following instructions, but he wasn't the only one who got an earful.

If we're considering loaning him or selling him, I do hope we've got a replacement lined up. Cos surely Matty J is not the answer?

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

It's obvious that he had a verbal near the end of the season on the sidelines for not following instructions, but he wasn't the only one who got an earful.

If we're considering loaning him or selling him, I do hope we've got a replacement lined up. Cos surely Matty J is not the answer?

I've said it before & everyone laughed. Brendan has said in many interviews he really rates Matty & if fit he would be an integral part of the team. There's a link somewhere but I cant be bothered to find it.

1 minute ago, Brenfox said:

I've said it before & everyone laughed. Brendan has said in many interviews he really rates Matty & if fit he would be an integral part of the team. There's a link somewhere but I cant be bothered to find it.

He might love him but the probability that James remains fit enough to put his talent on the pitch for the duration of a season appears close to zero.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

If we're keeping Mendy for squad depth then we should keep Praet for the same reason.

Mendy was worth zilch, Praet is worth good money. It's not just a footballing decision but an economic one.

For me Praet is a CM who is decent at all the aspects of the role but doesn't excel in either. I'm more than happy to cash in and use the funds to buy a player who is more creative and can be an understudy for Tielemans and Maddison.

We have the CDM covered now with Ndidi and Mendy and Choudhury can perform a role when your looking to secure a game but we need to be able to replace Maddison and Tielemans so a young player in that mould who can can be understudy but look to challenge them would be ideal.

• Like 1

Absolute instant meltdown on this thead, as to be expected from FT lol

Has no one considerated that Praet may want to leave, as he's in the prime of his career and cannot be guaranteed a consistent first team starts? If we get a good fee, it may be in the best interest of the both clubs? 

Just now, Adster said:

Absolute instant meltdown on this thead, as to be expected from FT lol

Has no one considerated that Praet may want to leave, as he's in the prime of his career and cannot be guaranteed a consistent first team starts? If we get a good fee, it may be in the best interest of the both clubs? 

More to do with the fact that we look to be going into the new season that starts in two weeks time with no cover in midfield, centre back, left back or on the wing.

We knew we needed players in these positions back in January. We have been so ****ing passive for ages now.

• Like 1