Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
VLC86

Dennis Praet

12 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Disagree that Praet is passive, games need players like him to keep it ticking, he's no more passive than Cambiasso was and for me he has that kind of calming presence in there.

We need another attack minded midfield player as it is, we will struggle to get two as good as Praet to compete with Maddison and Tielemans IMO.

Completely agree with this. We need to be adding centre mids who are forward thinking to the 3 senior options we've got as it is (especially with a packed campaign coming up) and Praet doesn't even fall under the forward thinking category entirely. We will also struggle to find someone of his quality who will be willing to come here and play behind Tielemans and Maddison. He does have a touch of class about him (see the Brentford pass and the pass over the top for Barnes in the build-up to Vardy's first goal against Newcastle) and I think he is under-appreciated by many on here. 

If he's good enough to get into that Belgium squad he's got to have at least something about him. Even if we get offered our money back I wouldn't risk losing him in this window. It's a categorical no from me

• Like 1

Ever since that half time talk and spotting BR giving him both barrels, i kind of knew Praet wasn't good enough for what BR requires. Football is a Cut throat business nowadays. You need to be consistent and adapt quickly or you will be moved on.

Edited by Simoken

Unless they think Sidnei Tavares is ready and that he is happy to stay with the club, selling Praet is a really stupid thing to do. 

He has European experience and can fulfil multiple roles in the centre of the park. I fear that Rodgers and Congerton are repeating similar mistakes that were made at previous clubs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Simoken said:

Ever since that half time talk and spotting BR giving him both barrels, i kind of knew Praet wasn't good enough for what BR requires. Football is a Cut throat business nowadays. You need to be consistent and adapt quickly or you will be moved on.

Rodgers is certainly not infallible.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

More to do with the fact that we look to be going into the new season that starts in two weeks time with no cover in midfield, centre back, left back or on the wing.

We knew we needed players in these positions back in January. We have been so ****ing passive for ages now.

This! We're already starting the season without Ricardo, Chilwell, Fuchs, Evans and possibly Maddison. And there is now very little time for new signings to bed in, even if we have any planned. As things stand the team for the West Brom game will be:

Kasper,

Justin, Wes,Cags, Thomas

Hamza Youri Wilf

Perez Vardy Barnes

That is markedly weaker than how we started last season.....

10 minutes ago, Md9 said:

We will end up replacing him with someone like Scott brown from Celtic 😂

I know this is a joke but do you think our squad which appears mentally weak would actually benefit from having a character like him around? 

35 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Mendy was worth zilch, Praet is worth good money. It's not just a footballing decision but an economic one.

For me Praet is a CM who is decent at all the aspects of the role but doesn't excel in either. I'm more than happy to cash in and use the funds to buy a player who is more creative and can be an understudy for Tielemans and Maddison.

We have the CDM covered now with Ndidi and Mendy and Choudhury can perform a role when your looking to secure a game but we need to be able to replace Maddison and Tielemans so a young player in that mould who can can be understudy but look to challenge them would be ideal.

Praet is worth good money but if we're letting him go then we need another midfielder. I don't necessarily necierilyl disagree with you, as Im not sure what position Praet excels in, but I think we need a good midfielder anyway. I don't personally have enough confidence in Mendy or Choudhury just performing a role to secure a goal. Both are irratic and give fouls away.

I think Rodgers would consider the idea of letting him go. Praet is another one who never seems to play a full game.

is Praet goes we need a replacement of some sort in midfield..........he'd be a loss though sadly, looked decent at times tbf

one for me would be Diallo from Brest, linked with him before, 21yr old too and id guess we'd get the same sort of money for DP as it would take to get AD

Edited by FrankieADZ

Forget the pitch side bust up at Everton with BR. Hes played for a number of years in italy, probably fancied the 'prem' wages and after a season craves Italian life. Possibly nothing more than that but if he is unhappy what's the point of keeping him? 

He was distinctly average in what was our second best season in history. I agree not all players can start or be stars but for me we can replace with another squad type midfielder fairly easy I'd suspect. May need to be overseas player to get the better value but Praet was easily found.

20 minutes ago, Simoken said:

With his decent track record, coaching players i will trust in his vision. Praet probably isnt coach-able at this level.

Praet’s previous manager thought he was one of the best midfielders in Serie A. 

29 minutes ago, Simoken said:

With his decent track record, coaching players i will trust in his vision. Praet probably isnt coach-able at this level.

Yet Praet is still selected for the Belgium squad? One of the best international teams in the world.

I think it would be a mistake to let Praet go myself.

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1