Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Joining up dots

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility though, Rodgers ahs previous for this then you add in the lack of activity in the window thus far and you could see some sense in it. If Rodgers was happy working within the current recruitment structure all along then why bring in his mate, the almighty twat that is Congerton.

And that's precisely why someone like IndyKaila has created that. Using past experience to stoke up a fire of absolute shite. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And that's precisely why someone like IndyKaila has created that. Using past experience to stoke up a fire of absolute shite. 

It could be shite yes, but my point is, equally it couldn't when you look at the prior history and the lack of activity thus far this summer.

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just making stuff up that's believable to some degree is harder than it sounds. 

Normally, even the worst of lies have a base element of truth somewhere.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

That step is not achievable over one or two seasons - ....

I agree.  I hope that this is where TOp wants to go and that he has a balanced long term plan to get there .  I believe Rodgers can help us start to make these steps.  My point was that they need to focus on realist steps... achievable (low risk) and affordable... and making such steps sooner may well be important. We will have seasons that are set backs along the way. 

Edited by foxinsocks

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility though, Rodgers ahs previous for this then you add in the lack of activity in the window thus far and you could see some sense in it. If Rodgers was happy working within the current recruitment structure all along then why bring in his mate, the almighty twat that is Congerton.

When I was soaring I always surrounded myself with the best team I could.  Rodgers brought congerton.  At some point he may have to reassess that decision if recruitment is hindering his progress.  We all like working with people we know and trust... but not if they are limiting 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

When I was soaring I always surrounded myself with the best team I could.  Rodgers brought congerton.  At some point he may have to reassess that decision if recruitment is hindering his progress.  We all like working with people we know and trust... but not if they are limiting 

The thing is though in terms of recruitment Rodgers has never “soared”, Congerton is a diddy and has been everywhere he’s been. If your logic is sound then Rodgers would simply surround himself with the recruitment team that is already in place at Leicester, which has been sound and successful. The elephant in the room with all this with regards transfers is Rodgers ego so logic goes out the window in that sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

The thing is though in terms of recruitment Rodgers has never “soared”, Congerton is a diddy and has been everywhere he’s been. If your logic is sound then Rodgers would simply surround himself with the recruitment team that is already in place at Leicester, which has been sound and successful. The elephant in the room with all this with regards transfers is Rodgers ego so logic goes out the window in that sense.

The club lost its head of recruitment and asked the manager to play a key role in finding a replacement. Macia had already agreed to go in December and was serving his notice until March. It's the perfectly sensible decision to back your newly appointed manager in this case.

I refuse to believe this stuff about Rodgers' ego. Every football manager has an ego but he's not stupid enough to have not learned lessons about how Liverpool and Celtic managed recruitment while he was there. And Rudkin is not stupid enough to have one of the best recruitment organisations in the division torn up by some crony.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The club lost its head of recruitment and asked the manager to play a key role in finding a replacement. Macia had already agreed to go in December and was serving his notice until March. It's the perfectly sensible decision to back your newly appointed manager in this case.

I refuse to believe this stuff about Rodgers' ego. Every football manager has an ego but he's not stupid enough to have not learned lessons about how Liverpool and Celtic managed recruitment while he was there. And Rudkin is not stupid enough to have one of the best recruitment organisations in the division torn up by some crony.

I notice that many managers can be slow to change tack... when things are going wrong they stick to their guns until they are sacked... Claudio.. jose Mourinho..  even puel.  They dont get thrre being indicisive.

Those who have worked with rodgers speak if his enquiring mind... I am sure he is bright enough to understand what is expected of an effective manager. 

As I said above... when rodgers thinks congerton is not doing a good job he will have to deal with it.

Right now I dont think congerton is the issue... I suspect the club might be a  bit indecisive... hope I am wrong.  Unless someone spills some beans then we cant know. Let's see.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

I’m not disagreeing with any of that but that exact scenario you articulate could very well lead to a stalemate, a stalemate we are perhaps seeing just now. Hopefully not and everyone is working together behind the scenes and some decent business is done over the course of the next month.

On 30/08/2020 at 08:10, Babylon said:

And you think other clubs and agents don’t then move those lines the second they know you are cash rich from a sale? 

The theory is fine, the reality I suspect is rather different.

It is easy to buy bad players. Would you rather we went for number 12 on the list because we could get it done easily, or tried to complete the tougher / better transfers higher up the list?

No I would rather we planned ahead.

• Like 2

To may people think transfers are like Football Manager or FIFA.

Dealing with multiple people, clubs, players, agents, all wanting their slice of the pie is easy. 

Looking at the signings across the PL, other then Chelsea and Man City, I don't see much to write home about. 

Edited by coolhandfox

I would imagine transfers have been complicated with the virus too. Unless you just throw money at them like Chelsea and man City. Now there doesn’t seem to be anything in FTP you cannot get away with. But we are obviously working too a budget and tried and tested. Format that still fails when we throw money at it . Patience in everything is the key players , manager’s. And life in general. Keep smiling the season will soon be here then everyone can moan about that . Just joining a few dots . 👍

A very weird pre season, starting it with a few injuries, a few seemingly not training with the rest, Ndidi and Perez, James, amartey, no sign of the four lads who were on loan abroad slimani, Silva, ghezzal and diabate. Is it Covid times or is there more to it. I suspect we will never know. All I know is roll on 13th September when the seasons back, I’m bored of all the speculation now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

A very weird pre season, starting it with a few injuries, a few seemingly not training with the rest, Ndidi and Perez, James, amartey, no sign of the four lads who were on loan abroad slimani, Silva, ghezzal and diabate. Is it Covid times or is there more to it. I suspect we will never know. All I know is roll on 13th September when the seasons back, I’m bored of all the speculation now!

Me tooo everyone getting their knickers in a twist as usual. Can be very uncomfortable 🥵 I can tell you .

1 hour ago, waylander said:

Me tooo everyone getting their knickers in a twist as usual. Can be very uncomfortable 🥵 I can tell you .

I would feel better if we had sign a player or two... suggesting that we are all.on the same page.... I worry that the club may be holding back

14 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Time will tell, but he does seem to be stubbornly sticking to his outmoded slow build up from the back philosophy. It didn't work for him at Liverpool combined with poor recruitment and he was even starting to get found out again at Celtic before he jumped ship to us. I hope I'm very wrong but Muzzy Larsson's comments do have a certain resonance with me. If it all did go wrong you can almost hear him now blaming recruitment and not himself. Let's hope I'm very wrong. 

• Like 2

On 28/08/2020 at 15:04, Ric Flair said:

If someone tries to claim Mahrez is irreplaceable once more I'll take bodies. So because he was so good we shouldn't ever bring another decent right winger in? Are we going to retire the striker position as well when Vardy goes? Biggest load of pony I've ever heard said from folk.

This isn't a direct rant at you by the way, it's a general excuse dished out by many and its rubbish.

Don't sit on the fence....tell me what you really think!

40 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Equally if we are short of money, it explains the lack of signings and ultimately as fans there’s very little we can do. Can’t just invent money to get players in 

We are not short if money... question is whether we want to spend it on the options available ....or in profit of Rodgers' crazy new fangled ideas