Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Joining up dots

2 hours ago, Manini said:

Driscoll came with him from Celtic when he joined I think. You can’t really just sack somebody these days, it either has to be due to performance, negligence or misconduct, otherwise you’d get taken to the cleaners for unfair dismissal, which makes me think there’s something more to this than Rodgers just having a clear out. 

Surely its the line up leaks. \

It was well known that the club were trying Colleen rooney style tactics to catch the culprit. Would make sense that they discovered it was him, my guess would be when they released the fake side for the Birmingham game. 

They probably decided to not rock the boat and waited until the end of the season to get rid. 

We also will probably never find out, because the club probably still respect him and dont want to completely damage his reputation.

This for me could also be the reason for the Ominous Silence. The club has just sent out a huge warning to everyone that if you leak information you will be let go. If you work for the club you might think twice about passing on your information to anyone, which hopefully means we are doing loads of deals but we just wont here until its official. 

Edited by Lambert09

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It was well known that the club were trying Colleen rooney style tactics to catch the culprit. Would make sense that they discovered it was him, my guess would be when they released the fake side for the Birmingham game. 

They probably decided to not rock the boat and waited until the end of the season to get rid. 

We also will probably never find out, because the club probably still respect him and dont want to completely damage his reputation.

This for me could also be the reason for the Ominous Silence. The club has just sent out a huge warning to everyone that if you leak information you will be let go. If you work for the club you might think twice about passing on your information to anyone, which hopefully means we are doing loads of deals but we just wont here until its official. 

In Peter Wright's spycatcher biog (banned in uk still) they refer to it as a barium meal... the put out some info and see where it turns up.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He’s been here for over 20 years hasn’t he? Why would he only start leaking the line up recently? 

As you say, all speculation, we’ll never know, but I’m not having that this is some sort of Rodgers power move.

52 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If they found the source of the leaks mid season, they would/should have gotten rid then, rather than knowingly keeping them on for months and jeopardising our Europe place.
The leaks continued right up to the end of the season - SFE stopped after lockdown but the SmuelMartin guy released it for the last Man U game.

Perhaps there are multiple leaks.
Either way I doubt it will stop, funny thing is all the leakers seem to think all it does is gain them a following from adoring FPL players, and that opposition managers don’t care about or take into account any of this stuff. Tell that to Bielsa..

Edited by brucey

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

If they found the source of the leaks mid season, they would/should have gotten rid then, rather than knowingly keeping them on for months and jeopardising our Europe place.
The leaks continued right up to the end of the season - SFE stopped after lockdown but the SmuelMartin guy released it for the last Man U game.

Either way I doubt it will stop, funny thing is all the leakers seem to think all it does is gain them a following from adoring FPL players, and that opposition managers don’t care about or take into account any of this stuff. Tell that to Bielsa..

I can't imagine that an opposition manager would believe and base his tactics on a team posted by somebody on twitter. I mean how much earlier would they know, the team is officially released an hour before kick off anyway?

23 minutes ago, brucey said:

Dave Rennie was an incredibly popular man at the club. I would understand the club not wanting to rock the boat until the end of the season.  Not to mention sacking someone during covid would have looked very bad on the club.

As as others have mentioned, leaking the team is stupid but isn’t the worst offence. Once discovered though the trust is gone. 

Its all speculation but I guessed this whole thread is for speculation. 

Edited by Lambert09

At some point someone might concede that what @Ric Flair and I got roundly mocked for posting has all come true. ( and possibly @Abrasive fox ) ?  Can’t recall. 

Love the hate though in a way and thanks for the rent free living space ( although there’s some disturbing stuff in here so I may move on soon ! ) 

Edited by The People's Hero
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Driscoll came with him from Celtic when he joined I think. You can’t really just sack somebody these days, it either has to be due to performance, negligence or misconduct, otherwise you’d get taken to the cleaners for unfair dismissal, which makes me think there’s something more to this than Rodgers just having a clear out. 

Allowing Ricardo to play on with an ACL injury wasnt his finest hour

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

At some point someone might concede that what @Ric Flair and I got roundly mocked for posting has all come true. ( and possibly @Abrasive fox ) ?  Can’t recall. 

Love the hate though in a way and thanks for the rent free living space ( although there’s some disturbing stuff in here so I may move on soon ! ) 

I just get mocked anyway mate. Nothing to do with the silence thread, everything to do with my abrasive nature.

5 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Allowing Ricardo to play on with an ACL injury wasnt his finest hour

I’ll play devils advocate, I think in 9/10 of those situations you ask the player what they’re feeling, if Ricardo says “I’ll run it off” or “let me give it 5 and see”, you leave him on and If he doesn’t give you the nod to take him off I’m not sure how that’s the physios fault. Didn’t they only identity it was “damage” until a scan afterwards? It wasn’t like he’d torn it and it was apparent he was injured. 

Not sure if that’s how it went down, you might be right he might have dropped a bollock with that particular situation. 

Edited by Manini

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I never really understand why people get so shocked by things like this in football. People who have been places far too long are often moved on in all walks of life.

We finally got rid of Peake and hopefully the Beagle and Stowell will be next... freshening things up is harsh on the individual yes, but people who stay in a job as long as they all have aren't exactly showing ambition are they? 

You've got to remember where Rodgers himself started, he must find it odd that a Premier League side still had two blokes who've been here longer than some of the players have been alive in charge of the Academy and U23 sides. 

Same with Stowell, the same Goalkeeping coach for that long? Zero improvement in Kaspers technical ball playing ability in ten years and we wonder why?? 

Whilst there is merit in freshening a place up, I would also argue that there is a culture that has been built at our club over years that we should be very careful about protecting as it’s a culture that has led us to some amazing things. These guys will have played a big part in that.

There’s a question mark that hangs over Rodgers’ longevity at Leicester (despite the long-term contract) and, whilst letting him put his mark on things, we shouldn’t be ripping up the entire fabric of the club.

• Like 2

Just now, Manini said:

I’ll play devils advocate, I think in 9/10 of those situations you ask the player what they’re feeling, if Ricardo says “I’ll run it off” or “let me give it 5 and see”, you leave him on and If he doesn’t give you the nod to take him off I’m not sure how that’s the physios fault. Didn’t they only identity it was “damage” until a scan afterwards? It wasn’t like he’d torn it. 

Not sure if that’s how it went down, you might be right he might have dropped a bollock with that particular situation. 

It may have been a joint decision for him to stay on Rennie/Rogers/Player...but it could have led to the end of his career...a 50million pound plus asset !

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

I’ll play devils advocate, I think in 9/10 of those situations you ask the player what they’re feeling, if Ricardo says “I’ll run it off” or “let me give it 5 and see”, you leave him on and If he doesn’t give you the nod to take him off I’m not sure how that’s the physios fault. Didn’t they only identity it was “damage” until a scan afterwards? It wasn’t like he’d torn it and it was apparent he was injured. 

I’m also playing devils advocate because I don’t know why he was sacked but you might also allege that chilwell’a injury was poorly managed too, causing more damage and that’s something Chelsea might suffer from. 

Does also pose some questions on the dynamic between Rodgers and Rennie as Rodgers May have ‘wanted’ them fit ???

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

Rennie hasn't been the "on field" physio for about a year anyway. So you can rule that theory out. 

What about green lighting chilwell to play and then he broke down again v early in the game ? 

again devils advocate as I was told it’s all linked to the leak stuff but there we are. Interesting. 

23 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Can I get some rent free living space? I don’t have any inside info, I’m just a bit of an opportunist really but it sounds good.

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

What about green lighting chilwell to play and then he broke down again v early in the game ? 

again devils advocate as I was told it’s all linked to the leak stuff but there we are. Interesting. 

Were you told by someone inside the club?  What do other staff and players know. Surely the club would have to explain.  

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Can I get some rent free living space? I don’t have any inside info, I’m just a bit of an opportunist really but it sounds good.

Well you can try mate. Everything I’ve said has been spot on. 

The obsession from others is weird, but I suppose I am The People’s Hero 

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't quite fully understand what your stance is and whether you're tongue in cheek or not... 

But in my opinion FWIW there's clearly more to this than green lighting players to play. As you've said. 

• Like 1