Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

Joining up dots

16 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yeah the whole team leak thing is beyond me, it's utterly bizarre if it was him.

The only logical way it could have been him was perhaps if he was casually/naively telling a nephew or someone who without him knowing was forwarding to a mate to be broadcast all over social media. 

I'd imagine the game has moved on massively since he's been at the club so possibly it's something that he's done for decades so it became a habit but the way the world is today with social media connectivity it's finally caught up with him. 

This is purely just guess work though. I know Celtic had the same problem with team leaks under Rodger's tenure...

It was quite systematic.  The mole would not be casually mentioning it over a jar.  He would have to transpose it ... probably at a regular time during the build up.

Does anyone know where each leak appeared first on twitter... was it Sean?

It's always good to look at access and opportunity first ...motive last.

But what could the motive be.... there would be no glory

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Did it stop at Celtic when rodgers left?

Yes apparently but coincidentally my mate said the team was leaked for that Euro defeat the other night...! He knew the team in the afternoon so it wasn't days before like it had been. 

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Yeah this is shocking, its ok to sell players, we get it, we not owned by an arab oil giant, but I expect the club to do some planning ahead, instead of waiting until the player is sold and then only deciding to draw up a shortlist.

You really think that we wait to sell players  before creating a list? We’ll have a list of tracked and scouted players for each position and they’ll be updated constantly.

As soon as we start negotiating we’ll look at said players and decide who is right for us, who might be available, costs etc.

The problem is good players are in demand and will have multiple options. Or don’t fancy us, or cost too much when the other club knows you will soon have a windfall. People seem to forget there are more than one party involved in deciding a transfer.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You really think that we wait to sell players  before creating a list? We’ll have a list of tracked and scouted players for each position and they’ll be updated constantly.

As soon as we start negotiating we’ll look at said players and decide who is right for us, who might be available, costs etc.

The problem is good players are in demand and will have multiple options. Or don’t fancy us, or cost too much when the other club knows you will soon have a windfall. People seem to forget there are more than one party involved in deciding a transfer.

This is Lee Congerton you're talking about. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I read elsewhere our new LB target is Matt Targett from Villa - as Tagliafico is only £25m for teams in the Champions League and therfore £40m for us.

14 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I read elsewhere our new LB target is Matt Targett from Villa - as Tagliafico is only £25m for teams in the Champions League and therfore £40m for us.

our form since lock down has cost us dearly - both missing CL money and the lure of CL football.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Lol. No. 

Chats bum dust on so many levels. 

He absolutely does but you can’t escape the fact that he was getting information from somewhere re our line ups ......  if rennie was the leak, he wasn’t speaking to Sean about it!   And you wonder exactly what the person feeding Sean got out of divulging the stuff?? 

people are weird 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You have to consider that lost match day income could be c. 30-40m per season. Chilwell's sale basically covers that.

This is based on a rough calculation.

Yeah but it's all relative, if everyone loses the same the amount then the transfer market should adjust to compensate meaning there should be some bargains about. 

Also our stadium isn't very big so it shouldn't hit us as hard as teams with 50k + stadiums. 

28 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yeah but it's all relative, if everyone loses the same the amount then the transfer market should adjust to compensate meaning there should be some bargains about. 

Also our stadium isn't very big so it shouldn't hit us as hard as teams with 50k + stadiums. 

Agreed but our outgoings haven't necessarily reduced proportionately so I'm happy for us to be patient and look for value in the market. 

It's not ideal but we might be better off going for the likes of Fofana and Ballo Touré rather than Gosens / Tagliafico or anyone too expensive right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You have to consider that lost match day income could be c. 30-40m per season. Chilwell's sale basically covers that.

This is based on a rough calculation.

How depressing that we should flog chillwell to make up for lockdown .

I believe Top is more ambitious.... what Rodgers needs to do is to show that an investment of £x offers a strong possibility if achieving y 

The investment required to a achieve y may vary from time to time.  Top will then discount the return based on his confidence in backing Rodgers.  

On 28/08/2020 at 22:21, Babylon said:

I have no idea how they operate, but I can speculate based on what I see and read, yes we may well be contacting clubs, and for whatever reason nothing has happened, but it could also be the other way, however what I would like to see is finishing negotiation for our targets "before" we finalise a sale, and then just get it over the line right after.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I have no idea how they operate, but I can speculate based on what I see and read, yes we may well be contacting clubs, and for whatever reason nothing has happened, but it could also be the other way, however what I would like to see is finishing negotiation for our targets "before" we finalise a sale, and then just get it over the line right after.

And you think other clubs and agents don’t then move those lines the second they know you are cash rich from a sale? 

The theory is fine, the reality I suspect is rather different.

It is easy to buy bad players. Would you rather we went for number 12 on the list because we could get it done easily, or tried to complete the tougher / better transfers higher up the list?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I've thought of a fun conspiracy, the club realise they made a massive mistake with Rodgers' big contract so are starving him of transfer funds in the hopes he quits instead of sacking him and paying out 10s of millions. 

How's that 

they stand to lose more in finishing 15th rather than 7th on a year by year basis .....

10 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I've thought of a fun conspiracy, the club realise they made a massive mistake with Rodgers' big contract so are starving him of transfer funds in the hopes he quits instead of sacking him and paying out 10s of millions. 

How's that 

Very good thinking that. I must say we do like to give out generous contracts at fairly regular intervals