Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I wonder if other countries' fans despise the international break as most do over here? 

Do Italians and French bemoan it? Do FC Copenhagen fans hope Thier players don't play for Denmark so as to avoid injury?

I would probably not care much about internationals either if I were English. I understand the irritation that they bring.
Most Danish club fans will celebrate national call ups of their players.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

What an earth are you talking about Evans played every single league game and 8 Cup games last season. 

He has been struggling with an injury which we are trying to manage but This is one of the biggest games in Northern Irelands history and as a proud Northern Irishman his priorities are going to be on it and rightly so. 

After this break he will have likely played more games for them in about 3 weeks than for us since the season started! That is the reality, and as a non proud non irishman, I'm questioning it. 

We are so up on rotation and resting and we appear to be resting him mostly for them. 

You are entitled to your opinion. I'm asking a question of others. I can live with being in the minority and sounding like I'm not "caring" enough, but this the the brass tacks of it from what I can see and wondered what other people's take on it is. 

Edited by gw_leics772

3 minutes ago, shen said:

<---- Denmark, born and raised in Brussels, Belgium though.

Perfect guy to answer my question then! 

Love Brussels btw. Underrated city.Random story for no reason other than its a boring intl break

:  I got a 2am lift home with a bird once to my hotel after a party we were at. After a clearly incoherent half hour drive thro deserted streets of Brussels, she told me..I don't know where I'm going or how to get there, but I always get there in the end. And she did! 😂

• Like 1

I can’t work out why FIFA are so adamant on these internationals. I can understand Euro qualifiers, there’s a prestigious tournament to maintain. However, nation leagues and friendlies - why ? Players are dropping like flies. Fixture congestion and no money as no fans. What is the point. Just doesn’t seem like there’s any point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can’t work out why FIFA are so adamant on these internationals. I can understand Euro qualifiers, there’s a prestigious tournament to maintain. However, nation leagues and friendlies - why ? Players are dropping like flies. Fixture congestion and no money as no fans. What is the point. Just doesn’t seem like there’s any point.

They would have to pay back TV money.

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Have to admit that the Soyuncu call up wound me up. He gets injured whilst away with them, doesn't play a minute for us since then as he's returning they call him up again!

Hadn’t missed a minute for us prior to the last international  call up (as BR pointed out) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

After this break he will have likely played more games for them in about 3 weeks than for us since the season started! That is the reality, and as a non proud non irishman, I'm questioning it. 

We are so up on rotation and resting and we appear to be resting him mostly for them. 

You are entitled to your opinion. I'm asking a question of others. I can live with being in the minority and sounding like I'm not "caring" enough, but this the the brass tacks of it from what I can see and wondered what other people's take on it is. 

Fake news as the former president would say. even if he plays every minute of all 3 games for NI (he won't) he will have still played more for Leicester. 

The only times he has been rested/missed games for Leicester this season it has been before another Leicester game.

He also played 90 minutes on Sunday v wolves with what was pretty obviously a back injury putting himself at risk of missing the playoff match tommorow so I think that debunks the theory. Hes very committed to Leicester he's very committed to NI and he's incredibly important to both and trying to manage an injury so he can play as much as possible for both. (brendan said at a recent press conference that a 80% Johnny Evans is better than no Johnny Evans) 

Don't really get the outrage with the under injury he's not fully match fit. He's not done a full 90 yet he didn't feature at all v wolves. It was actually doing us a favour that he was playing tonight. Just an unfortunate injury not one you could put down to the crazy schedule as he has only started two European games for us so far! 

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Read comments saying Tielemans singlehandedly changed the game and Praet was excellent. Both are in great form, hope they keep fit while away.

Tielemans was quite good, he tried to make things happen, made the assist for the equaliser. Praet seemed like he was blowing hard around the 60-65 min mark. He was barely jogging at the end, surprised he wasn't subbed.

Was keeping an eye on Lukebakio, who was lively but otherwise didn't really click with his teammates.

Edited by shen