Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

Southgate has bizarrely gone from playing 3-4-1-2 in the World Cup where his midfield was actually quite attacking, to then moving to 4-3-3 where we played some class football and Sterling and Rashford were excellent for several games to going back to 3 at the back but now essentially playing a back 7 with 2 defensive midfielders and Mason Mount as the sole attacking midfielder, mystifying.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Southgate has bizarrely gone from playing 3-4-1-2 in the World Cup where his midfield was actually quite attacking, to then moving to 4-3-3 where we played some class football and Sterling and Rashford were excellent for several games to going back to 3 at the back but now essentially playing a back 7 with 2 defensive midfielders and Mason Mount as the sole attacking midfielder, mystifying.

I honestly believe he adjusts his formation to suit his agenda of selecting as many players as he can from the 'big 6' along with being as cautious as possible. But Grealish is now making it very difficult for Southgate not to pick him. Rashford being injured makes it easier for Southgate to select Grealish but I expect him to revert to type as soon as he can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would love the FA just to chuck loads of money at a genuine world class international manager like Lippi or Del Bosque and see what they can do with the team. I genuinely think this England squad is capable of winning a tournament just not with a manager who has about as much skill as Ian Holloway. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

I would love the FA just to chuck loads of money at a genuine world class international manager like Lippi or Del Bosque and see what they can do with the team. I genuinely think this England squad is capable of winning a tournament just not with a manager who has about as much skill as Ian Holloway. 

I know you meant it tounge in cheek but Holloways 3 promotions (2 out of the championship) far exceeds anything Southgate has achieved so far. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have excellent strikers, are well stocked with wingers and have an excellent cohort of attacking midfielders. Southgate’s solution is playing 523. So natural fit for the attacking midfielders, places more responsibility on our insipid deeper midfielders and crams another mediocre centre half (or right back) into the team. 

I understand playing with 3 at the back, especially against better teams, at tournaments but blindly sticking with it for familiarities sake is silly. When we played 433 post 2018 we looked quite exiting like when we beat Spain. Southgate is an uninspiring man, manager and coach of uninspiring football yet he won’t be sacked until we obviously underachieve. We’re wasting a talented team whilst he’s in charge 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Anyone able to post the article?

The article is a load of waffle which doesn't really say anything beyond what's in the headline.

He supposedly had covid at some point previously, but had already tested negative prior to the internationals. No idea how that would be relevant now. 

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, brucey said:

The article is a load of waffle which doesn't really say anything beyond what's in the headline.

Yeah I read it on another website. The headline makes it sound way more exciting than it is. Thought Southgate might be getting sacked for a minute and got my hopes up lol

7 hours ago, brucey said:

He supposedly had covid at some point previously, but had already tested negative prior to the internationals. No idea how that would be relevant now. 

Its ridiculous isnt it? Pure clickbait and who exactly who give him scrutiny in that scenario?