Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2020/21

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

James Justin left in the bench fir the U21s tonight. Unbelievable. Is this a conspiracy against English Leicester players? 

Most definately, but I'm not complaining one little bit. Rest their legs 😊 I feel bad for Madders and Harvey though as it's a joke they didn't get called up but 🖕 to southgate. 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

James Justin left in the bench fir the U21s tonight. Unbelievable. Is this a conspiracy against English Leicester players? 

2 hours ago, Hales said:

Most definately, but I'm not complaining one little bit. Rest their legs 😊 I feel bad for Madders and Harvey though as it's a joke they didn't get called up but 🖕 to southgate. 

We sit top of the PL with a good few English players, so the selection process seems almost unbelievable.

I'm not too fussed about England myself as LCFC comes first for me. However, it makes you realise why players might want to move to one of the 'Sky 6', which will guarantee England selection even if not in form.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I'm sure he's disappointed but I'm definitely not. We've enough on being top of the league, trying to win the Europa League and FA Cup without tiredness from internationals interrupting 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lamptey, Wilmot, Williams, Panzo

Panzo play for Dijon.  He was loaned by Brugges from Monaco last season.  In the summer he was linked with a few Championship clubs including the mighty Coventry. 

Although not playing at the same level as Justin, coaches in the England set up found clear proof that he should be preferred:  he was at the Chelsea academy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Panzo play for Dijon.  He was loaned by Brugges from Monaco last season.  In the summer he was linked with a few Championship clubs including the mighty Coventry. 

Although not playing at the same level as Justin, coaches in the England set up found clear proof that he should be preferred:  he was at the Chelsea academy.

The U21's are ean even worse than the senior side. The FA had a great blueprint several years ago after many of the youth teams won World Cups and Euro's and rather than harness that huge opportunity they've chosen these two. Steve Cooper should have got the U21 job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Playing for the Chelsea academy is a surefire way of guaranteeing a start for England, given Steve Holland, Southgate's assistant, is the ex youth team coach at Chelsea. Only explanation for why the very average Mount is now a fixture in midfield over far more talented players.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

11 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Playing for the Chelsea academy is a surefire way of guaranteeing a start for England, given Steve Holland, Southgate's assistant, is the ex youth team coach at Chelsea. Only explanation for why the very average Mount is now a fixture in midfield over far more talented players.

Mount is a v good player but your point re Steve Holland and England selection is well made. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If they play the way they did against Serbia, Scotland would have a great chance against a Southgate-coached side.  They were excellent and deserved to win the game in regulation.

Nah, my prediction is....

Scotland beat Czechs whilst Croatia beat England. 

England beat Scotland whilst Croatia effectively qualify by beating Czechs. 

England beat Czechs whilst Scotland get a fluke draw over Croatia. 

Croatia 7pts

England 6pts

Scotland 4pts

Czech 0pts

Do they still do the best placed 3rd teams qualify? 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Nah, my prediction is....

Scotland beat Czechs whilst Croatia beat England. 

England beat Scotland whilst Croatia effectively qualify by beating Czechs. 

England beat Czechs whilst Scotland get a fluke draw over Croatia. 

Croatia 7pts

England 6pts

Scotland 4pts

Czech 0pts

Do they still do the best placed 3rd teams qualify? 

4 of the 6 third placed teams qualify  - 16 out of the 24 teams go through. 

• Thanks 1