Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Blackburn Rovers pre-season match thread

After a fairly energetic start it's been dull as ever. Not helped by Elliotts waffling :yawn:

So ordinary and unimaginative going forward, we have one ball to get Vardy in and that is it. Always get criticised for questioning this but Vardy has to offer more with his back to goal and offer someone a pass to feet.

Ndidi looking decent enough at centre back, Choudhury pressing well but we need more than that. Thomas struggling with positioning, has to learn from that in the second half. Like the approach from Daley-Campbell even if he does lack a bit quality.

Most of those players will be nowhere near the first team next week, what'd you expect? 

I expect Albrighton Jacupovic and Amarteys to start the second half, anyone likely to start next week to be off after 60 mins. 

Just now, Webbo said:

Most of those players will be nowhere near the first team next week, what'd you expect? 

I expect Albrighton Jacupovic and Amarteys to start the second half, anyone likely to start next week to be off after 60 mins. 

Its exactly how we've played for about 8 months. Actually that's unfair, we haven't conceded yet 

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Impressed at how seemlessly these youngsters have slotted in. They've really bought in to Brendan's low energy, side to side, passive style. Don't even need any more signings 

Good to see you're all warmed up for the regular season then. No more practice necessary.:)

I love how based on 45 minutes of a preseason friendly against Blackburn people have decided

1. Thomas isn't ready anymore

2. Ndidi is now a top centre back 

3. KDH is the answer to our problems

Got to love FoxesTalk for jumping to conclusions to quickly. People are either amazing or awful and it changes half by half on here lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

I love how based on 45 minutes of a preseason friendly against Blackburn people have decided

1. Thomas isn't ready anymore

2. Ndidi is now a top centre back 

3. KDH is the answer to our problems

Got to love FoxesTalk for jumping to conclusions to quickly. People are either amazing or awful and it changes half by half on here lol

He never was. Think that was more the point 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

He never was. Think that was more the point 

You wouldn’t have got that impression an hour ago on here though. Which was my point. People change their opinions too quick. I’ve been doubtful but quietly hopeful about that particular issue all preseason.

Just now, Fox92 said:

People always overreact at friendlies. I always reserve judgement 'til we're about 3-6 games in the season.

Agree. 

However I fear for us this season and would not be in the least surprised to be waging a relegation battle next spring. This is a transitional period approaching culminating in a major rebuilding/restructuring and in the short term, there are several key players yet to move on in 2021.