Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Blackburn Rovers pre-season match thread

Just now, peach0000 said:

You wouldn’t have got that impression an hour ago on here though. Which was my point. People change their opinions too quick. I’ve been doubtful but quietly hopeful about that particular issue all preseason.

Yeah it's ridiculous. On the flip side it only took him having 1 good game for fans to be saying he was better than Chilwell lol

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it's ridiculous. On the flip side it only took him having 1 good game for fans to be saying he was better than Chilwell lol

I think he is better than Chilwell, still not seen him do anything that Chilwell hasn't in terms of mistakes. His passing and crossing is infinitely better already.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Agree. 

However I fear for us this season and would not be in the least surprised to be waging a relegation battle next spring. This is a transitional period approaching culminating in a major rebuilding/restructuring and in the short term, there are several key players yet to move on in 2021. 

Yeah I also agree with that, don't get me wrong, and if we lose next week I'll be on one on here lol

I do think we'll be more mid table next season, or maybe 9th/10th, I don't see us in a relegation battle - consider that other sides are poor too (are Palace/Fulham/WBA/Leeds/Sheffield United/Newcastle better than us? I would say not).

But my original point is that people have always overreacted at friendlies. I remember under Pearson we used to lose to sides like Shrewsbury but come the season be on it.

• Like 1

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

How can you say he is better than chillwell after a few games? WTF 

That's how poorly I rated Chilwell, he was a disaster waiting to happen at the back and mediocre going forward. So far Thomas has shown his passing and crossing has technique and his defending has been poor like Chilwell. Thomas would benefit from a full season in the Championship but we likely need him around the first team squad competing in Europe, 2 domestic cups and the Prem.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think he is better than Chilwell, still not seen him do anything that Chilwell hasn't in terms of mistakes. His passing and crossing is infinitely better already.

I always like your posts but he's got a long way to go until comparisons to Chilwell happen. Consider that Chilwell has been our main left back for the last 3 season or so.

But I do agree his crossing is better and like I said previously... he looks before he crosses! At last. Only Youri previously did that.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just doesn't make any sense. Chilwell is an England International who we've just sold for £50m+. Thomas has played a handful of proffesion games for us. The sad thing is is he'll be getting the same treatment as Chilwell in a years time 

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I love how based on 45 minutes of a preseason friendly against Blackburn people have decided

1. Thomas isn't ready anymore

2. Ndidi is now a top centre back 

3. KDH is the answer to our problems

Got to love FoxesTalk for jumping to conclusions to quickly. People are either amazing or awful and it changes half by half on here lol

TBF we're all desperate for some positives right now!

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Apart from him being caught well up field and giving away a simple pass for Bournemoutg's first goals?

He looked way out his depth against Bournemouth.

The difference is because he's a kid or new people let him off. Chilwell got that favourable overlooking of any mistakes when he came in for Fuchs too. But once he established himself he's now considered "fair game" for people. And people criticise him for things that aren't even as bad as the stuff they used to overlook.

It's always the way. Maguire got it in his first season too. Barnes got the "honeymoon period" of overlooking mistakes for a long while too but he won't get that anymore next season. Choudhury got it until last season with people screaming for him to be in the team too but that switched last season as well. Tielemans was getting poor performances waved away at the start of last season too but that had ended by the 2nd half of last season.

There's always a novelty to new players in the team that causes people to overlook their mistakes which they'd scathe established players for.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Apart from him being caught well up field and giving away a simple pass for Bournemoutg's first goals?

He looked way out his depth against Bournemouth.

The difference is because he's a kid or new people let him off. Chilwell got that favourable overlooking of any mistakes when he came in for Fuchs too. But once he established himself he's now considered "fair game" for people. And people criticise him for things that aren't even as bad as the stuff they used to overlook.

It's always the way. Maguire got it in his first season too. Barnes got the "honeymoon period" of overlooking mistakes for a long while too but he won't get that anymore next season. Choudhury got it until last season with people screaming for him to be in the team too but that switched last season as well. Tielemans was getting poor performances waved away at the start of last season too but that had ended by the 2nd half of last season.

Ghazzel got pelters from the off lol

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I don’t remember any other pre season being this bad, must be able to count the attempts on goal on one hand over 3 games, still wheeling out the likes of Mendy, Albrighton and Gray who we should have improved on is just so deflating.

Most of our team are out on international duty and half the team are kids. What do you really expect. 

• Like 1

It's a pre season fitness exercise and the majority of those playing today will be back in the development squad next week and nowhere near the startling line up for WBA. Due to the ridiculous international scheduling this is the only option for a team we have today.

I'll assess our league potential when we've played 5 or so games, with our 1st choice team.

I have improved the 2nd half already by muting the commentary :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I don’t remember any other pre season being this bad, must be able to count the attempts on goal on one hand over 3 games, still wheeling out the likes of Mendy, Albrighton and Gray who we should have improved on is just so deflating.

I have Shakespeare preseason vibes. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I don’t remember any other pre season being this bad, must be able to count the attempts on goal on one hand over 3 games, still wheeling out the likes of Mendy and Gray who are never going offer anything is just so deflating.

15/16 wasn’t great...