Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

That's all well and good but still doesn't mean I have to believe in this theory.

Why would you? - as explained a scientific theory does not invite 'belief' it eradicates it. Discarding a theory isn't based upon the whim of irrational subjective preconceptions or preferences - far less personal incredulity.

If however you wish to proffer an alternative to the Big Bang theory then you would firstly need to falsify it and then present an alternative or improved/refined model detailing robust methodology and academic rigour, supported by empirical observation, data and mathematics. 

Genuinely, I'm all ears. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

my un educated question is how did we come from bacteria even over millions of years don't make sense.

So the next theory in your crosshairs is the theory of evolution? Brave  :appl:

"Theory of Gravity, I am coming for you"

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

my un educated question is how did we come from bacteria even over millions of years don't make sense.

That's a decent question.

And the answer is, rather simply, that billions of years is an longer time than most humans can imagine, bacteria most often take mere minutes to reproduce and thus offer a chance for mutation and change, and so over those countless trillions of chances for change, the number of spins on the wheel (as it were) and the odds are so vast that something unique and interesting will in fact happen.

As it has through evolutionary history.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

God knows lol 

If you have half an hour to spare, watch this. A few years ago I saw this at the National Space Centre planetarium - in 3d. Came out feeling very queasy. It addresses your questions though in a very accessible way. And no, this is not meant to be patronising - it is equally aimed at both adults and children alike. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I couldn't get my head around the fact that humans started in Africa and then branched out over time. I found the BBC documentary on it pretty fascinating. 

It's a fascinating area of study, and one which we still don't know nearly enough.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hey, I am no scientist, leave that to the big brains on here, but didn`t the big bang allow for everything?

Partially. Supernovae did the rest - generating almost all the elements heavier than iron.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I couldn't get my head around the fact that humans started in Africa and then branched out over time. I found the BBC documentary on it pretty fascinating. 

same with the Egyptian stuff fascinating

Thoth - Wikipedia

the idea of the Sphynx actually was a dog (anibus) and has been alerted over time

Why do archaeologists refuse the theory that suggests that the Sphinx was  Anubis? - Quora

Edited by whoareyaaa

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's a really interesting topic, especially once you begin exploring genetic changes and the movement patterns etc.  I focused more on disease in my degree, but I'd definitely revisit this area if i could i do it again 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 23:26, Suzie the Fox said:

The guy i am in love with is the same age as my son .. (No pedo my son is 24) 

Is "no pedo" the equivalent of "no homo"? If so they've got a saying for everything these days!

Anyhow, do you Suzie! Or the 24 year old ...whichever works lol. 

• Haha 1

People who are committed to one political party. I just don't get it. Surely you don't agree with 100% of their policies, decisions or ways. Now, that on its own is not a reason to abandon ship, but there seem to be so many people who are staunch of every colour who will defend anything and everything. They will plant their flag and die on the hill for the cause.

Baffles me even more than those who fall for the personality element of a politician and fall head-over-heels for them (a la Trumpists, Corbyn cult, Johnson love etc etc).

12 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

People who are committed to one political party. I just don't get it. Surely you don't agree with 100% of their policies, decisions or ways. Now, that on its own is not a reason to abandon ship, but there seem to be so many people who are staunch of every colour who will defend anything and everything. They will plant their flag and die on the hill for the cause.

Baffles me even more than those who fall for the personality element of a politician and fall head-over-heels for them (a la Trumpists, Corbyn cult, Johnson love etc etc).

Surely no one agrees with 100% of any party's policies, but you have to pick one, and you pick the one closest to your views.  There is plenty I won't defend for the Tories, especially the performance of this govt on the Pandemic and their dodgy procurement.

Couldn't wait

Boiled water may freeze sooner than the same amount of tap water contained in an identical container under the same conditions, because it has neither gas not hydrogen carbonates (these decompose on boiling) dissolved in it whereas tap water does and solutes of any type will depress the freezing point.