Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

On 15/11/2020 at 11:09, Buce said:

The Birthday Problem which shows that in a room of just 23 people, there is a 50% probability that two will share the same birthday; 99.9% probability is reached at 70 people.

It is so counterintuitive as to be mind blowing.

Just an extended though in this regarding the pandemic.

it might help explain why people so willingly break rules. “Ah I’m only meeting up with 7 people, so what if it’s breaking rules, meeting 7 is not that high risk.” 

this mentality ignores the fact that each of those 7 have each had multiple contacts with others, so you are not only risking a tiny bit more breaking the rules, your risk is exponentially going up. 

I bet you’d only need to come in contact with about 7 or 8 people to have come in contact with (not necessarily caught) the virus. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Why is that not comprehensible? 

Tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, have already had a vaccine.

Edited by Fktf

10 hours ago, Fktf said:

The news reports of Marge keenan being the first person in the world to be vaccinated against covid19. 

One interviewer asked her what it was like!

Yeah right, certainly need to know that. I mean not many of us have had a needle in our arm have we?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

7 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

People who don't  know how to park and leave a gap and why they think its okay to park in front of your house 

The friends and family of a previous neighbour often parked in front of our house. It didn't bother me too much until a friend of mine parked outside his house and he was straight out.

Some folk are incredibly self centred.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

The friends and family of a previous neighbour often parked in front of our house. It didn't bother me too much until a friend of mine parked outside his house and he was straight out.

Some folk are incredibly self centred.

Yeah I don't mind friends or family members coming but what annoys me is when 1 house hold has 2 cars (and there are 2 ppl in the house both who work 2 min walk)and park directly where I park and when I park they look at me werid and so they park right next to my bumper so they can get both car next to each other. I don't mind during the day cos not like i drive a fancy car like them but when am up at 5am thats when it bugs me. Next house defo need my own drive way

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Yeah I don't mind friends or family members coming but what annoys me is when 1 house hold has 2 cars (and there are 2 ppl in the house both who work 2 min walk)and park directly where I park and when I park they look at me werid and so they park right next to my bumper so they can get both car next to each other. I don't mind during the day cos not like i drive a fancy car like them but when am up at 5am thats when it bugs me. Next house defo need my own drive way

Just make sure that your next house isn't near a school. Some parents are so incredibly selfish. 

Not just parents either. A neighbour, two houses away, parked a boat on his drive (big enough for 4 cars) and left his Volvo Estate outside my kitchen window for 9 days. That was 20 years ago and we haven't spoken since! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeamRocket said:

Some people literally having nothing better to do let hem have there glory 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

People who don't  know how to park and leave a gap and why they think its okay to park in front of your house 

I used to live on a street of terraced houses. Almost every house had a car. I often had to leave my car 2 streets away as my frontage was usually occupied by a car owned by a mother with a child who would "steal" my space before I got home from work. It happens but it's hugely frustrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Just make sure that your next house isn't near a school. Some parents are so incredibly selfish. 

Not just parents either. A neighbour, two houses away, parked a boat on his drive (big enough for 4 cars) and left his Volvo Estate outside my kitchen window for 9 days. That was 20 years ago and we haven't spoken since! 

I love this post. I think it sums the UK up. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets me going like poor neighbourly behaviour. 

It's not the parking that gets me, but the lack of thought. The rudeness. The selfishness. 

I lived in a terrace once and the way the houses lined up, the cars all parked on just one side of the road as double parking would.lead to a fiasco. I knew deep down a neighbour of mine hated it that I parked opposite, rather than on my side (the non parking side). So he'd deliberately park in front of mine in protest. Then of course, a fackin fire engine came past once, horns blaring, and they banged on my fackin door to demand I moved the car. Obvs u explained. The caant opposite wouldn't come out. Children potentially dying in a house fire and that caant refused to come out so as not to admit defeat. 

People who say they're done with football (mainly due to VAR) but continue to watch most games and still get incensed about it and feel they have to say they're done with it each game, while watching it lol 

As bad as vegans telling you they're vegan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

People who say they're done with football (mainly due to VAR) but continue to watch most games and still get incensed about it and feel they have to say they're done with it each game, while watching it lol 

As bad as vegans telling you they're vegan.

im done with this forum 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I used to live on a street of terraced houses. Almost every house had a car. I often had to leave my car 2 streets away as my frontage was usually occupied by a car owned by a mother with a child who would "steal" my space before I got home from work. It happens but it's hugely frustrating.

That worst feeling ever I have had to do that a few times too. would always say to my wife "I might as well leave my car at work". Am park that far from home. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Wow that would annoy the hell out of me too. I would never in my right mind ever feel like I could do that. Dunno if its just me but when I park in front of someone else house I feel guilty cos I know they may have a car and am doing what I get annoyed about, so soon as there is a space I tend to move my car next to my house. The wife thinks am crazy keep looking out to see if there is a spot and then run out soon as a car moves lol. 

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Also thanks for the tips will keep that in mind. make me feel like living in a remote part of the UK just me and my car parking spot after a hard day at work lol but don't think I can afford  that lol

5 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Hate this.  I used to have a few residential roads about a 10 minute walk from my work that I'd park on during the day and the number of times I've been denied a spot because someone parked bang in the middle of a gap between driveways instead of sticking to one edge and leaving space for a 2nd vehicle.  Taxi drivers were regular offenders.  You'd think when you spend all your life in a car you'd pick up a few parking skills.

• Like 1