Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kopfkino

Things you can't get your head around...

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That essentially the US and Russia are only 2.4 miles apart. 

''In the middle of the Bering Strait, between Russian Siberia and the US’ Alaska, there are two islands.  The island of Big Diomede belongs to Russia, while Small Diomede belongs to the US. Only 2.4 miles (3.8 kilometres) separate the two. 

The International Date Line runs between the two islands, so Big Diomede is almost a whole day ahead. That’s why it’s nicknamed Tomorrow Island and Small Diomede is Yesterday Island'' 

BBC.

And that you can drive between the two via frozen waters in the winter.

11 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

That essentially the US and Russia are only 2.4 miles apart. 

''In the middle of the Bering Strait, between Russian Siberia and the US’ Alaska, there are two islands.  The island of Big Diomede belongs to Russia, while Small Diomede belongs to the US. Only 2.4 miles (3.8 kilometres) separate the two. 

The International Date Line runs between the two islands, so Big Diomede is almost a whole day ahead. That’s why it’s nicknamed Tomorrow Island and Small Diomede is Yesterday Island'' 

BBC.

@Dr The Singh wrote that up?

Guest seanfox778

How Pierce Brosnan and Sam Neil sound exactly the same. I don't just mean accents, it's like they have the same voice box and lend it to one another. Sam is from Northern Ireland and Pierce from the Republic but neither of them sound all that Irish either. 

2 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

How Pierce Brosnan and Sam Neil sound exactly the same. I don't just mean accents, it's like they have the same voice box and lend it to one another. Sam is from Northern Ireland and Pierce from the Republic but neither of them sound all that Irish either. 

holy shit, i never realised but now you said something i can hear it and its gonna drive me ****ing nuts forever. so thanks for that

6 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Isnt Sam Neil from New Zealand?

Edit.. Moved to NZ aged 6... makes it even weirder i guess

Edited by ozleicester

6 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I find it interesting (or mildly amusing) that you could walk from London to New York.

(through the Channel Tunnel, Europe, Asia, across to North America in mid winter, and down to New York)

@Buce  & I are planning this vor 2022....he'll be Carrying 1-2 battery Packs for my Elec.wheelchair,we Plan a 2-3 year walk & wheely.

Making to get Away from Wife & screaming grankids....but Invite our beloveds  on the more difficult parts....We will need Good cooks & a good huggle n cuddle..

& Help push me up the difficult gradients..then Slow me ( @BuceSittting on my lap)  on the Way down....

We expect the First couple of Thousand k, to be a doddle...Russlans will Love & help us..but those Grizzlys & Polar Bears could cut up rough...!!!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

@Buce  & I are planning this vor 2022....he'll be Carrying 1-2 battery Packs for my Elec.wheelchair,we Plan a 2-3 year walk & wheely.

Making to get Away from Wife & screaming grankids....but Invite our beloveds  on the more difficult parts....We will need Good cooks & a good huggle n cuddle..

& Help push me up the difficult gradients..then Slow me ( @BuceSittting on my lap)  on the Way down....

We expect the First couple of Thousand k, to be a doddle...Russlans will Love & help us..but those Grizzlys & Polar Bears could cut up rough...!!!

lol

An old hiker friend taught me a ditty about responding to a bear attack:

If it's brown, lay down.

If it's black, fight back.

If it's white... goodnight.

8 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol

If it's brown, lay down.

I was briefed about polar bears on a trip to Svalbard a long time back. You needed to be armed with something capable of scaring off a polar bear if you ventured outside built-up areas, because if one found you without it you'd be toast. IIRC it was warning shots only unless it was coming for you directly, though.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

lol

If it's brown, lay down.

Sort of Spot on...or Pray someone is Carrying a Double barrel....or even a powerfull  Dart gun/cross-bow..

The white of the species, Never been in their Natural territory....Really hoped to get their before my handicap..!!!:cry:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

lol

If it's brown, lay down.

40 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sort of Spot on...or Pray someone is Carrying a Double barrel....or even a powerfull  Dart gun/cross-bow..

The white of the species, Never been in their Natural territory....Really hoped to get their before my handicap..!!!:cry:

Just want to Comeback on myself...o

come across Griz

and black..American and Asian... From across a river..which they could easy cross, a family along a wooded path.

Then a family Trashing food bins...From a diner in the middle of nowhere ( for hunters & side spread Locals ) on Canadian borders..

All times even when they took Notice of us...seemed too busy, going about their own business...or Tracking from A--B.

Happy and grateful to Listen to rangers/ Locals/jungle/woodsmen/ Wilderness-folk who told ,advised us in Basic  common-sense...

We have  wonderful Wild Kingdoms around the world, but over excessive greed unnecessary intrusion, is just ruinning it...

AND we suppose to be the intelligent/clever/ able to reason species....

Disgrace, a crying Shame my grankids generation, will have little chance to See the Great fauna,birds,animals I and my Wife n Children have had the

fortunate Experience to realise....and with little Aggro or admin. Problems....Not just those Exotic creatures,

but regional still wild creatures throughout UK & europe....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Robert Huth is younger than Wes Morgan.

If there's one player's autobiography I'd like to read it'd be Huth. Born in East Germany, won trophies at a young age with Chelsea, played in Stokes best team of recent years and then his time with us. The great escape and the title win. Seems a alright bloke as well. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If there's one player's autobiography I'd like to read it'd be Huth. Born in East Germany, won trophies at a young age with Chelsea, played in Stokes best team of recent years and then his time with us. The great escape and the title win. Seems a alright bloke as well. 

Good point. He also comes across as having a dry sense of humour. If he wanted to tell his story and got the right support (if needed), I'm sure it would be a good book.

He also had a stint at Boro - and was a second-string member of the 2006 Germany World Cup squad, playing on home soil (had to double-check that, I admit).

A supplementary "thing I can't get my head around", though......Huth was aged 5 when the Berlin Wall fell. :blink:

Not challenging your point, as I'm sure post-reunification East Germany was an interesting place to grow up, just amazed at the passing of time.

I'm used to things like the Berlin Wall / USSR being ancient history to my daughter, but that also applies to an "old, retired footballer" like Huth....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

I’ve got no idea why people like Zlatan that much, he’s never been THAT good and his constant weird attention seeking ‘I’m a god’ shit is just plain weird and embarrassing from a grown man. 

An absolute weirdo of the highest order, but kids on YouTube and weird Facebook pages such as “Unbelievable Jeff!” And Give Me Sport love him so he’s always got an audience to pander to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manini said:

An absolute weirdo of the highest order, but kids on YouTube and weird Facebook pages such as “Unbelievable Jeff!” And Give Me Sport love him so he’s always got an audience to pander to.

TheLadBible too.. :yawn:

• Like 1