Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

it would be foolish to change a team that just made the 5th placed team look very ordinary. Their defense was terrible but we suffocated them in midfield and up front.

But this is Rodgers we are talking about and he’ll change a team on a whim.

Will he, or are you just saying stuff?

• Like 4

I hope MOTD identify his influence today. Almost an unsung hero in the team while the likes of Maddison and Iheanacho rightly get plaudits too. 

His work rate, tackling, covering, intercepting and recycling the ball was class today. Excelled in his role for the team. 

• Like 2

Rodgers comes across as the sort of person who would only admit he is wrong if confronted with instruments of torture. But his prolonged lack of belief in Mendy - and Nacho for that matter - is surely something that he must now privately be questioning himself about.

Both players have invariably been worth their place whenever selected. And today the two of them were colossal.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Agree,but systems cogs & needs are always turning & changing…

Ndidi also might return with different setting & aptitude,after seeing squad upgrades.

Dont forget players also evolve..lets see which direction Brendan plans for us,what goodies this helps Brendan display in this squad,plus later not for now,any descision on Tete,and other star players staying.

players evolve? He’s been here a few years now and Ndidi is a great,  but one dimensional CDM. If he was going to evolve he would have done so by now.  Rodgers has been here 3 years and he’s shown no sign of ‘ evolving’ so what makes you think that is suddenly going to change? 

Edited by MPH

It's a bit odd that a guy who has been the literal definiton of bit-part player for us in nearly 7 seasons here has one great game and suddenly we must offer him a new contract? I haven't seen the game today and fair play to the guy if he played as well as others are saying, i've nothing against him but he's been here long enough now and showed glimpses like today how often?

We offered him a new contract a few years back near his original expiry because we couldn't get a replacement in no? And soon went back to being in the shadows. Chances are the same will happen if we extend again

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Get him a new contract. He's a good player, tidy, never makes mistakes. Although today was his best ever performance. 

People should be ashamed that they actually believed Hamza is better than this guy last couple of seasons 

We hoped Hamza could be a permanent squad member, but we didn't necessarily believe he could be. Mendy was always busier, more focused and proactive.

Just now, Haywood_6 said:

Good game today and the goal was outstanding but he did give it away twice on the edge of our area. Some people seem to make out he never gives the ball away, which just isn't the case. 

It was a fascinating game because Spurs were pretty awful both at the back AND going forward today.

If you watched the game you’d have seen they fluffed two very decent chances before they scored. Defensively we were all over the place for the first 10/15 mins.

And in the second half they created nothing really. I recollect Mendy giving it away in dangerous areas at least once and Spurs did nothing with it.

One player I’ve always thought is ridiculously overrated is Dier. God knows how he’s made the England squad so many times? He was absolutely pants today as was Pedro Porro whose game, by the way, is not suited to the pace of the Premiership. Barnes had him on toast 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It was a fascinating game because Spurs were pretty awful both at the back AND going forward today.

If you watched the game you’d have seen they fluffed two very decent chances before they scored. Defensively we were all over the place for the first 10/15 mins.

And in the second half they created nothing really. I recollect Mendy giving it away in dangerous areas at least once and Spurs did nothing with it.

One player I’ve always thought is ridiculously overrated is Dier. God knows how he’s made the England squad so many times? He was absolutely pants today as was Pedro Porro whose game, by the way, is not suited to the pace of the Premiership. Barnes had him on toast 

Porro will turn out to be a very good signing, it was his first game was it not? Probably a bit early for Spurs to write him off.

36 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Get him a new contract. He's a good player, tidy, never makes mistakes. Although today was his best ever performance. 

People should be ashamed that they actually believed Hamza is better than this guy last couple of seasons 

Rubbish he made a couple of mistakes in this game yet alone others he’s played in . Don’t get me wrong we was my MOTM bud saying he never makes mistakes is nonsense 

33 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

He was great today. Man of the match and easily his best performance for us. The amount of work he got through was incredible but to say he never makes mistakes is mental. There were two really bad ones today. One stray pass in each half that really should have led to goals had their attackers been on it. 

I'm not saying that to diminish his performance because they ended up meaning nothing but I just think that you're getting a little carried away. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bloody hell, i've not been on here much since the match so maybe (doubt it though) you've posted something elsewhere that is a little more positive about how good we were instead of how bad we were for the first 10mins/how awful our opponents were/how Mendy gave it away once, but PLEASE cheer up a little bit

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Bloody hell, i've not been on here much since the match so maybe (doubt it though) you've posted something elsewhere that is a little more positive about how good we were instead of how bad we were for the first 10mins/how awful our opponents were/how Mendy gave it away once, but PLEASE cheer up a little bit

Yes I’ve posted lots of positive stuff, but was replying to ‘Mendy giving it away’ and how naff Spurs were, not only defensively (their usual criticism) but also attacking today. Eg. How many matches do you watch where Kane doesn’t have at least one shot on goal?

ie. A balanced assessment of the game.

Edited by Col city fan

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yes I’ve posted lots of positive stuff, but was replying to ‘Mendy giving it away’ and how naff Spurs were, not only defensively (their usual criticism) but also attacking today.

ie. A balanced assessment of the game.

Well there was not really much balance to the post I quoted but i'll take your word for it you've been a little less depressing than usual elsewhere